Video shutting off after 30 sec

Reaction score
I've been recording video and ran into a problem this morning, not sure why, but my video would stop recording and shut off after 30 seconds. I press record again, then about 26-28 sec in it stops recording. This continued 4 times in a row, so I just brought my bird down and need to figure out why this is happing. Has anyone else had this issue? How to fix? I didn't see anything in the camera setting regulating a video to stop at 30 seconds.

There is no such setting to stop after 30 seconds. Did you try a different memory card?

I've been recording video and ran into a problem this morning, not sure why, but my video would stop recording and shut off after 30 seconds. I press record again, then about 26-28 sec in it stops recording. This continued 4 times in a row, so I just brought my bird down and need to figure out why this is happing. Has anyone else had this issue? How to fix? I didn't see anything in the camera setting regulating a video to stop at 30 seconds.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with your micro memory card, are you using the one that came with the phantom?, or are you using another one?

Card I'm using is a SanDisck Pixtor 64gb. I have had it for a month now and had no issues with it until this morning. I'm going to delete all info on it and reformat it to see if that helps

now that i'm thinking about it, I did a firmware upgrade yesterday to one of my batteries and then removed the firmware folder but did not reformat. I'm like msinger, I just move the videos and pics over every flight as well. Once I get home I will reformat the card to see if that works and if this was just a one time thing. Thanks for feed back.

Do the format in the camera though - not in the computer.
I can't see any reason not to format more or less every time after you've downloaded recordings.
I've always formatted rather than just delete files in all my digital cameras since about 2001
You probably don't *need* to, but I do suspect the very large P3 video files means problems are more likely to occur as undeleted fragments and unused indexing files build up.

Do the format in the camera though - not in the computer.
I can't see any reason not to format more or less every time after you've downloaded recordings.
I've always formatted rather than just delete files in all my digital cameras since about 2001
You probably don't *need* to, but I do suspect the very large P3 video files means problems are more likely to occur as undeleted fragments and unused indexing files build up.

Ok, just reset the format from the camera and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks everyone for the feedback. this is way i like this forum, quick straight forward response, and helps ease the stress of troubleshooting. FLY ON!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20