Video settings when flying indoors?

Reaction score
Hello all! First off, I am new to the world of drones and Phantoms (bought a P3A) and man is it exciting! I've watched all the videos, read every manual and guide I can and have about 5 test flights under my belt, 3 of which have been inside my business (indoor kart track). I intend on using my drone to get some moving shots of karts racing. and plan on making some safety videos.

I am fairly new to photography and have been reading up on all the basics and did some test flights today to figure out what looked best. I filmed with both 2.7k, and 1080p (tried both 30 & 60 fps), and everything just came out grainy/noisy.

Which leads me to my question..

What are some good video settings to be used when flying indoors under the above stated conditions? I know every situation is obviously different, but would like a good jumping off point.

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
BarronTX74 Welcome to the forum. Noise and grainy photos typically happen when you have the wrong ISO. If flying indoors, low or poor lighting I would suggest a higher ISO. However without seeing pictures it is hard to say. Could you post some images? Also are you shooting pictures or video?

BarronTX74 Welcome to the forum. Noise and grainy photos typically happen when you have the wrong ISO. If flying indoors, low or poor lighting I would suggest a higher ISO. However without seeing pictures it is hard to say. Could you post some images? Also are you shooting pictures or video?

I'm in the process of uploading them now, so it'll just be a minute. I am shooting video.

You can try to adjust lighting type in the Go app camera settings too.

RedHotPoker

Noticed this thread died without answers or replies.... the 2nd video didn't really have much graininess or noise if you ask me. I thought it looked good and would like to know the settings you've used going forward?

I'm about to do an inside shoot and my only concern is the inside lightning after testing inside my house I realized anything over 100 iso quickly adds noise.

I bought an awesome setup of 2 LED lights for drone last week.
Lighting Kit for DJI Phantom 3 Drone
1500 lumens each at 6000K.

RedHotPoker
Sweet website and product. A little steep of a price though, but worth it for anyone with exception/permission to be flying at night like that. I didn't notice if the lights are hardwired in and able to be controlled by the RC. Would think somehow you could tap into the Front Red warning lights that the app can disable and enable, then hot key it.

Sweet website and product. A little steep of a price though, but worth it for anyone with exception/permission to be flying at night like that. I didn't notice if the lights are hardwired in and able to be controlled by the RC. Would think somehow you could tap into the Front Red warning lights that the app can disable and enable, then hot key it.
One of the nicest features of the Lume Cube system, is the free Pro App.
You can turn them on/off or adjust brightness, while the drone is in the air... You can control them separately or both combined.
Lots of cool features including the light sensor used as a slave flash. Yes pricey, but truly value packed. ;-)
Do Due diligence?

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik