video settings question

Reaction score
I'm new to the p2V+ and have had it for only 3 days. What are the ideal settings so that it doesn't do the fishbowl effect on the horizon like below? Also is it better for post production and/or overall quality to shoot in jpeg or raw? I'll be using Pinnacle 17 to edit video's once I learn it.

thanks!

Chris

metroplexchl said:
I'm new to the p2V+ and have had it for only 3 days. What are the ideal settings so that it doesn't do the fishbowl effect on the horizon like below? Also is it better for post production and/or overall quality to shoot in jpeg or raw? I'll be using Pinnacle 17 to edit video's once I learn it.

thanks!

Chris

Turn the FPV mode off in your phone app. FPV locks the gimbal. The camera should mimic the horizon when the gimbal is working.

Set to RAW (DNG), as it will save both in JPEG and RAW.

For fishbowl images and videos, look for lens correction FC200 filter. FC200 is the vision camera. Both have similar specs. The filter only works with photoshop though (I think).

You can manually adjust video if the application has lens correction. In adobe premiere CC, I set the lens correction curvature between -15, -20 depending if there are close ups of trees/telegraph poles.

Also, if you want less fisheye in your videos, you can shoot with the narrower FOV (as long as you're shooting 1080), which almost eliminates the fisheye entirely. Fixing it in Premiere if you shoot wide works, but the edges get a bit blurry. I usually shoot with the narrower FOV because rendering the optics correction seems to take awhile. I'd love to shoot in 720p at 60fps, but there's no option for the narrower FOV, so I rarely do.

Photoshop does have a lens correction setting for the pictures, as was mentioned.

Try 1080P with the Narrow FOV, you should be happier with that if you're looking to reduce the fisheye effect.

There is a standalone program called DeFishr that has a profile for the DJI FC200. Should be similar to the Vision plus.

Geo

Mako79 said:
metroplexchl said:

Turn the FPV mode off in your phone app. FPV locks the gimbal. The camera should mimic the horizon when the gimbal is working.

For fishbowl images and videos, look for lens correction FC200 filter. FC200 is the vision camera. Both have similar specs. The filter only works with photoshop though (I think).

You can manually adjust video if the application has lens correction. In adobe premiere CC, I set the lens correction curvature between -15, -20 depending if there are close ups of trees/telegraph poles.

This thing is starting to piss me off. I can't find a way to change from jpeg to raw. I keep plugging the **** Phantom into my computer with the supplied cable and it can't seem to see it.....when I plug it in, it makes a quick "duh-duh-duh" sound. Then I open the Phantom 2 Assistant software and can't see anything about Jpeg or raw. I look on the website....there're no tutorials about how to set up and attach to the software. Nothing in the manual, nothing on youtube.

Getting frustrated.

chris

Check p. 55 of the User Manual. I think you will find you make the selection from the camera settings on the app.

Good luck

metroplexchl said:
Mako79 said:
metroplexchl said:

This thing is starting to piss me off. I can't find a way to change from jpeg to raw. I keep plugging the **** Phantom into my computer with the supplied cable and it can't seem to see it.....when I plug it in, it makes a quick "duh-duh-duh" sound. Then I open the Phantom 2 Assistant software and can't see anything about Jpeg or raw. I look on the website....there're no tutorials about how to set up and attach to the software. Nothing in the manual, nothing on youtube.

Getting frustrated.

chris

Have you followed the instructions and installed the driver?

OK. after uninstalling and re-installing a 3rd time it worked. I got everything working it seems. I also found that I was shooting 1080p 30 and in narrow with FPV not enabled. Is this ideal?

Again, thanks for all your patience. I'm completely new to this. I heard someone mention a filter? I've never done this but where would I find this?

chris

[/quote]For fishbowl images and videos, look for lens correction FC200 filter. FC200 is the vision camera. Both have similar specs. The filter only works with photoshop though (I think).[/quote]

Anyone used Pinnacle? Are there any similar filters?

thanks again,

chris

Quick question, why don't I ever hear of people using 1080i 60fps? Is the "I" a dirty word in video?? Is it just not good??

Dave

dkyacht said:
Quick question, why don't I ever hear of people using 1080i 60fps? Is the "I" a dirty word in video?? Is it just not good??

Dave

I've wondered that myself. Someone mentioned it on YouTube so I went with 1080p 30fps... I did hear that 780 is better for slow mo for some reason

Chris

metroplexchl said:
dkyacht said:

Dave

I've wondered that myself. Someone mentioned it on YouTube so I went with 1080p 30fps... I did hear that 780 is better for slow mo for some reason

Chris

Yes the 780 60fps is. The 1080p only goes to 30fps.

Dave

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl