video settings on the plus

Dirty Bird said:
midwestjeff said:
Here is some Jello I'm getting with 15 mph wind.

Wow I have taken quite a bit a video and I have yet to see jello in any of my recordings. Is your gimbal floating freely? Are the dampers seated properly? Are they compressed?

Are the dampers supposed to be compressed? I had a Tarot gimbal on my 350Qx and the dampers were supposed to be compressed the way that mounted. Out of the box the gimbal dampers are not compressed and I thought that's normal?!

The dampers are NOT supposed to be compressed, or it would take away some of the damping. Some people run zip ties or string through the dampers and if they do they should to be loose.

midwestjeff said:
Dirty Bird said:
midwestjeff said:
Here is some Jello I'm getting with 15 mph wind.

Wow I have taken quite a bit a video and I have yet to see jello in any of my recordings. Is your gimbal floating freely? Are the dampers seated properly? Are they compressed?

Are the dampers supposed to be compressed? I had a Tarot gimbal on my 350Qx and the dampers were supposed to be compressed the way that mounted. Out of the box the gimbal dampers are not compressed and I thought that's normal?!

All things being equal, no they are not supposed to be compressed but sometimes (for whtever reasons) it can help to compress them a bit.
Once again balance your props and/or try the extra pair, and also try the other suggestions Dirty Bird replied with first.
If that doesn't remove the minor vibes that show up at 1:47 in your viddy, then cinch down on the dampeners a bit. If tha works then get a set of the Zenmuse dampeners and use the grey (medium stiffness) or black (max stiffness) ones.
They can be had off eBay for like $9.
See http://www.ebay.com/itm/13115973983...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3211wt_1288

tebowner said:
check out video at 1:47 and see all the "waves" ... are you saying this is not normal , correct? this cam seems worse than my PV2 cam. I am having so many issue with lighting and now jello. My other cam on the PV2 just did it all without messing around...it was shaky but no issues. getting dark areas etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oH5IPn ... e=youtu.be

I just got this PV2+ and so far i am like ... did i make a mistake upgrading so quick.................

Watched your video at 1:47 and that is not what I interpret as "jello". If that video was a direct upload without prior re-encoding or looked the same before upload, then I would say there is a problem with your birds video processor. Unless of course there is a large amount of magnetic flux in that area. I personally have not had any video resembling that with my Vision or Vision plus. I just posted this yesterday and is extremely stable, for the price of course. Up through 1:19 is 15 mph winds and is pretty steady other than getting used to flying the plus in the wind while trailing a kayak and gets better throughout. Be sure to set your player resolution to 1080p on your PC (Won't play on portable devices).

http://youtu.be/slCtU2z3mGA

You guys are freaking me out :)

I bought this directly through the DJI site - is that bad for a return? can i return just the copter?

I dont know how to tighten dampers or take any of that stuff of and on.

There is no interference as my PV2 has taken multiple flights thru my hood without issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.