video settings on the plus

Reaction score
I have noticed a couple things on the cam for my new PV2+ compared to my PV2
>> PV2+ fish eye seems less than it was on PV2 - is this a setting i can turn on or off?
>> PV2+ seems darker than same vids in PV2 - are there settings for this?
>> PV2+ has some wave in certain spots - assume that is the reduction of "shake"?

tebowner said:
I have noticed a couple things on the cam for my new PV2+ compared to my PV2
>> PV2+ fish eye seems less than it was on PV2 - is this a setting i can turn on or off?
>> PV2+ seems darker than same vids in PV2 - are there settings for this?
>> PV2+ has some wave in certain spots - assume that is the reduction of "shake"?

** The fisheye you can reduce by changing the field of view in the camera settings within the App. There are three settings. The smaller the field of view, the less you will notice the fisheye effect.

** To brighten up the images adjust the exposure settings, also under camera settings within the App.

** I am unsure what you mean by "wave" in the pictures?

great ! but there is no way to say "no fish eye"?

sometimes i get a jello type effect like a ripple

ALSO - any suggested setting for night videos?

tebowner said:
great ! but there is no way to say "no fish eye"?

sometimes i get a jello type effect like a ripple

ALSO - any suggested setting for night videos?

** The only way to completely eliminate the fisheye is to replace the lens with a flat lens. The fisheye is inherent in the factory lens design. Its already been done...search through the messages and you will see the link.

** I haven't noticed the jello effect in any of my videos. You could be getting a random oscillation making its way through the dampers. Did you install the extra anti-drops or put zip ties or anything else through the open dampers?

** For night settings, increase your exposure settings. You might also try the different scene settings. There is sunny, cloudy, and I think the other is artificial lighting. You will need to experiment to see what yields the best result. Best thing here is you can do it live. Go up and hover focusing on an object, and take short videos or photos of the same object. Change settings between each shot/video, keep notes of what you did, and compare the results when you bring her down.

I understand about the lens

I havent done anything to my stock PV2+... yet .. i will try and find a video doing this. damper? wth is that ... i am new to all this .. over my head ;)

will try that for night vid - thx!

There are a bunch of video editing software packages out there that can remove fish eye. There are some free ones like virtual dub which are not user friendly, to Final Cut, but most video editing software and photo editing software can remove the fisheye.

Just keep in mind, you'd be cropping your photo/video some.

midwestjeff said:
http://vimeo.com/92686722

Here is some Jello I'm getting with 15 mph wind.

Thats normal, mine does the same. Just think, 25mph gusts means the phantom would be fighting the wind at almost full speed(30mph) just to stay stationary.

I ordered a P2V+ today and went to some sites to check it out its photographic capabilities. Being a retired pro photographer for over 35 years and supplementing some income from commercial, industrial and real estate aerial photography...the first thing I did was scan the settings, etc. on the little bird. All above posts are very correct for your answers...experiment with video settings and make notes for which setting is best for you. Night photography is not an asset for the P2V+ as well as most GoPro cameras with improvements in the Hero 3+ Black. These cameras are not geared for low light photography which will create a lot of noise and artifacts in your images. As for the blurry areas especially in the faster moving forward or reverse shots....I too have noticed this as well, and it has to do with digital movement and pixels going from one to the other quickly causing the blur effect. You can eliminate this by flying slower and smooth yaw movements. Otherwise you need a bigger drone with a much higher end video camera that weighs much more than the little Vision camera and a lot of bucks to go along with it to capture cinema quality video. Hope this helps with your video ventures.

PixelNinja said:
If that is "normal" as you claim that's really unacceptable.

A Phantom 1/GoPro combo with a mere 2 axis gimbal can capture video that does not have any jello/rolling shutter in much higher winds.

The 3rd axis has nothing to do with it, that only slows the movement of you rotating the phantom and does nothing when the phantom is simply hovering or flying forward/backward.

midwestjeff said:
Here is some Jello I'm getting with 15 mph wind.

Wow I have taken quite a bit a video and I have yet to see jello in any of my recordings. Is your gimbal floating freely? Are the dampers seated properly? Are they compressed?

I also see two plastic pieces attached on the gimbal holders - there are 4 holders and two have this plastic - should that be removed????

IMO: The jello is not normal.
I have not had it in 3 P2Vs nor my Plus.

The plastic inserts are in case of a crash ... they keep the camera from disconnecting from the Vision (by preventing the dampeners from puling out) and protect the wires from gettng torn up.
Although I always used similar means through each of my dampeners on the P2V, I guess DJI feels one each on opposite corners is enough.
I'm replacing them with 4 of home made units like the eBay threaded disk type. ;)

If you continue to have the jello effect you can experiment a bit by tying down the dampeners a bit using rubber bands, or by placing foam ear plugs into the dampeners, and etc.
If you find that helps .... then I suggst buying a ~$9 set of the Zenmuse dampeners, that include 12 dampeners with 4 each in 3 different durometer/stiffness.

check out video at 1:47 and see all the "waves" ... are you saying this is not normal , correct? this cam seems worse than my PV2 cam. I am having so many issue with lighting and now jello. My other cam on the PV2 just did it all without messing around...it was shaky but no issues. getting dark areas etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oH5IPn ... e=youtu.be

I just got this PV2+ and so far i am like ... did i make a mistake upgrading so quick.................

Tebowner - Watched your videos and saw a little bit of jello. I have never seen jello in any of my videos at all. A vibration is occassionally making its way through the dampers into the camera. I would take these steps. 1st make sure the gimbal/camera is properly mounted and the dampers are all seated. Next check all the screws on the underside and make sure they are tight (don't go Conan!). Remove the props and throttle on. Observe the prop shafts. Are they straight? Are any of the props bent? You may want to pick up a prop balancer and see, or switch to the spare set of props and see if it improves.

IMO:The minor/slight wiggles you are getting in the middle of the frame at 1.47 + are possibly noise from the electronics of the Plus, and/or your blades are needing a tad touch up on balance as they are going in and out of phase, possibly causing a slight and intermittant mechanical resonance as they do that.

I had one of my P2V's that would get hazey bars across the image, that would move up and down with a change in the speed of the motors, but only when there was a lot of light in the frame.
I could reproduce it by setting the lens cap on, pointing in the general direction of he sun (not straight at it) and with the props off, just runing the motors up and down would cause these translucent hazy bars to move up and down in the viddy frame.

Although I think that it may have been just the result of the way all the parts married up in that particuar P2V, I din't like it so I returned it for a replacement (Amazon).

If yours always doing that irrespective of what bades you use, gets worse, and/or just bothers you .... see if you can exchange it for another one through you dealer.
If the reports of DJI's CS are any indication, trying to get anything done through DJI is a long wait and then may or nay not end up being better.

On edit: Just saw bird's suggestions ... all good ..... so give them a try before you give up on it.

tebowner said:
check out video at 1:47 and see all the "waves" ... are you saying this is not normal , correct? this cam seems worse than my PV2 cam. I am having so many issue with lighting and now jello. My other cam on the PV2 just did it all without messing around...it was shaky but no issues. getting dark areas etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oH5IPn ... e=youtu.be

I just got this PV2+ and so far i am like ... did i make a mistake upgrading so quick.................

I watched this also but it's so hard to tell because the YouTube quality is almost unwatchable. You should try vimeo or uploading in HD. I didn't see any jello

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4