Video Resolution and range?

Reaction score
Does video resolution impact the range of the phantom 3 advanced?

e.g. do you get to loose video feed at a shorter distance when video resolution is set to max, 2.7k for P3A or 4k for P3P?

and do you get better video range when video resolution is set to the minimum or say 1080 at 24fps?

Only the video set for what you see on your device. Default is 6 and it can be lowered to a 4 which would help increase distance. Otherwise the answer for your question is No.

Same area where you can change the channel. It's below the channel graph.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Only the video set for what you see on your device. Default is 6 and it can be lowered to a 4 which would help increase distance. Otherwise the answer for your question is No.

The other day it gave me the option of 10! Not sure what settings I was playing with but I can't find it anymore.

The fpv is 720 and it's completely separate from what's being recorded onto your sd card. Your recording resolution plays no role in range. The setting of 10 was probably the transmission megabytes which has a range of 4-10. The lower the setting the better the range . I have played around with this setting and I can't tell a difference in range or quality between 4 or 10.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Same area where you can change the channel. It's below the channel graph.
Is the copter-RC video streaming rate configurable in iOS and Android on DJIGo? With litchi app i can bring it down to 4Mbps on Android. But i can't find it on DJIGo for Android.

The fpv is 720 and it's completely separate from what's being recorded onto your sd card. Your recording resolution plays no role in range. The setting of 10 was probably the transmission megabytes which has a range of 4-10. The lower the setting the better the range . I have played around with this setting and I can't tell a difference in range or quality between 4 or 10.
Same question as above

Atki,

Unfortunately in the UK you can't select custom option.

:(
Why not? Whats then default ? Are u sure ? The app is the same all over the world. I will check min when i go back home. I am i the UK and with the litchi app u can change the channels and the bit rate.

Why not? Whats then default ? Are u sure ? The app is the same all over the world. I will check min when i go back home. I am i the UK and with the litchi app u can change the channels and the bit rate.

Im pretty sure you cant the last time I checked but will check again today and get back

Just flew the P3 (well hovered it around for 5mins in the living room)

But yes I managed to check and I can definately say 'Custom' cannot be selected and no options below the frequency chart.

Took a picture while at it too. Lol

Attachments

• 1443206642070.jpg
    1443206642070.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 324
Just flew the P3 (well hovered it around for 5mins in the living room)

But yes I managed to check and I can definately say 'Custom' cannot be selected and no options below the frequency chart.

Took a picture while at it too. Lol
U r right i checked too mine is even worst there is no option at all for auto or custom! What is going on DJI????

Attachments

• 1443206937406.jpg
    1443206937406.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 285
Select "custom" and then scroll down and the option to drop data rate will be there, I'd fly in ch20 if you go this route.
Cant the option is not there why?

Attachments

• 1443207062992.jpg
    1443207062992.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 255

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member