Video recording

Reaction score
I have noticed that since the latest firmware update my videos are extremely choppy, when played back on desktop. As. Well I just started using Litchi. Did I miss something? Settings change? Just curious if anyone has any suggestions. I am new to this. And I will be checking my settings in a bit. Getting really disappointed with this thing, as it seems it always needs to be tweaked or updated. And it makes this not fun anymore. As most of the fly time is to test something. Or to verify something only to be continuously disappointed with the results

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: marco12121
Are you talking about the actual recordings from the card being choppy? Or the recorded downlink from the bird to the tablet?

It is from the card. I tried Litchi for the first time so I had to view video straight from card on my desktop. Through the forum I did find an alternative viewed that helps ALOT. But yeah with out that it sucks big time. It's not even watchable. I'm sure the firmware upgrade as well is just a coincidence. If the rain stops I'm going to head back out and check settings. And see if it improves. Best I can tell it was smooth on the phone while I was flying. I was never out of range so I did not lose signal

You have said that you're watching straight from the card.
Try moving the video file to your hard drive. Anytime that I try to watch video straight from the card, they are very choppy, but excellent when viewed off the hard drive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

i transfered to hard drive as well and got the same results. its not a big deal, its just odd that this happened after FW update. i went through my setting in both go app and litchi and recorded some more. i will look at them later this evening

You should try a different player for your computer. Mine is choppy also but I put a addon into Windows Media Player and it stops the choppines. I barely play on computer but when I get into work tomorrow I can look at add on name or just try to install a different player. Some players just can't play the videos from the ps3.

it would play them fine before i updated firmware. i am going to try the downgrade back to 1.3 and see if that helps. if i upload the video to you tube it plays just fine. but it being so choppy, makes it impossible to edit.

I really don't think the firmware is going to make it play choppy on computer. When you update firmware sometimes it resets all your settings so maybe check your video settings again in go app . It could be recording in 2.7 k and a lot of players don't play that. What player do you use?

i transfered to hard drive as well and got the same results. its not a big deal, its just odd that this happened after FW update. i went through my setting in both go app and litchi and recorded some more. i will look at them later this evening
I have the same problem. I just started using litchi and the problem started with DJI smooth video. P.S. I copied the files to my hard drive always.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20