Video Recording Bitrate Bug in DJI GO

I believe this is a bug specific to the advanced in conjunction with 1080/60fps. Before you start recording, click over to the camera and then back to video. It has been widely reported that it clears the bug and locks into the higher bit rate. I really wish dji would fix that bug.

I believe this is a bug specific to the advanced in conjunction with 1080/60fps. Before you start recording, click over to the camera and then back to video. It has been widely reported that it clears the bug and locks into the higher bit rate. I really wish dji would fix that bug.
Agree. That's also what I suggested he do above in post 18.

I shoot in 1080/48fps but I make a habit of doing that trick anyway. I can't say for certain it happens at that frame rate as well but I have had a couple videos look lower resolution in spots to make me think it might have dropped in bit rate. So now I just do the switch trick every time.

Reactions: Oso
I heard that they had upped the advance to 60mbps in the app but when tested it was truly 40mbps. Interesting either way.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I heard that they had upped the advance to 60mbps in the app but when tested it was truly 40mbps. Interesting either way.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
It's definitely 60Mb/s. I normally use 1080p60 on my P3A and it has been 60Mb/s since mid December.

It sounds weird, but try this. Switch from video mode to camera mode in the app, and then back to video mode and see then if it goes back to 60Mbps. I think that's how to work around this bug.
Of course it's hard to call it a bug when the P3A is not supposed to have 60Mb/s anyway - officially I mean.
Well halle-freakin-lujah! That works. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

This should be stickied somewhere...

Well halle-freakin-lujah! That works. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

This should be stickied somewhere...
You're welcome. Glad it worked for you.

Is it only 60 mb/s in 60fps setting?

Is it only 60 mb/s in 60fps setting?
As far as I know yes, the P3A is only 60Mb/s when using the 1080p60 setting. Full disclosure - I have only personally tried the 1080p60 setting.

I do however reference this chart for info. Note that I didn't put this together, but got it here on the forum. Unfortunately I don't recall who put it together.

IMG_6673.JPG

As far as I know yes, the P3A is only 60Mb/s when using the 1080p60 setting. Full disclosure - I have only personally tried the 1080p60 setting.

I do however reference this chart for info. Note that I didn't put this together, but got it here on the forum. Unfortunately I don't recall who put it together.

View attachment 52419
Thanks for that. I have really settled into 48fps and that of course sacrifices some bit rate. I just have found 60fps to be cumbersome to handle with not really any noticeable quality drop. Guess I'll try again soon and see.

I was shooting in 1080p 60fps at 60 Mb. Now I can only get 26Mb. I am using the same sd card that came with p3a. Same card that I shot 60Mb before. Same firmware and go app.

There has only been 1 time it went back to 60Mb for one video.
I started video recording. Then stopped to take some stills. Then started video again.
That second video was at 60Mb.

I was shooting in 1080p 60fps at 60 Mb. Now I can only get 26Mb. I am using the same sd card that came with p3a. Same card that I shot 60Mb before. Same firmware and go app.

There has only been 1 time it went back to 60Mb for one video.
I started video recording. Then stopped to take some stills. Then started video again.
That second video was at 60Mb.
And that is the secret. You have to make sure you switch over to still shooting mode and then back to video every time before you start shooting video. And then it will be at 60 megabit.

Reactions: Trackman1
I had been shooting all video and it was always 60Mb. But somewhere I may have taken some stills and that caused the problem.

When ever I shot stills before it was always in mid flight . Stopping the video, taking stills and restarting video. But all done from controller. Never from the screen buttons. I wonder if that makes any difference?

An aside. How can you check the bit rate to confirm that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are several ways on Windows. The Details Pane off to the right in Explorer shows it as "Total bitrate", you can also install VLC or MPC-HC and look at the file properties. Or you can divide the file size in megabytes by the number of seconds of the clip and then multiply by 8.

Another method is a free utility called Media Info.
It integrates into file explorer and right clicking on a media file shows info.
MediaInfo - Download

Here is an example from a shoot today.

General

Complete name : DJI_0278.MOV
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt 2014.02 (qt )
File size : 3.62 GiB
Duration : 8mn 38s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 59.9 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2016-05-03 15:21:40
Tagged date : UTC 2016-05-03 15:21:40
Comment : 0.9.138
©xyz : +44.725821-75.658111+0.000
©xsp : +0.00
©ysp : +0.00
©zsp : +0.00
©fpt : +2.10
©fyw : -56.30
©frl : -2.20
©gpt : +0.00
©gyw : -56.40
©grl : +0.00

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=8
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 8mn 38s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 59.9 Mbps
Maximum bit rate : 50.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 59.940 (60000/1001) fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.482
Stream size : 3.62 GiB (100%)
Title : DJI.AVC
Language : English
Encoded date : UTC 2016-05-03 15:21:40
Tagged date : UTC 2016-05-03 15:21:40
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Thanks OSO and
AchillesPDX

I got the 60Mb back today. Just got to remember to shoot 1 still before takeoff.
Weird. But I can live with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4