Video quits recording by itself and question about wind speeds

Reaction score
Went flying today. I had some problems where my video quit recording by itself. It acted like it was recording about 30 seconds, but in reality it was only 5 or 6 seconds. The problem first started the other day when I had the iPhone overheating issue. Today was cooler and I had my iPhone cooled down, so the flight/app performance was flawless. After two short recordings, I reset the camera inflight and my problem was cleared up. I should also add that mine is the Advanced model. I had regular settings to begin with, because I reset the camera the other day when I got home because it acted the same way when I was testing things out indoors.

Also, today was pretty windy. Regularly blowing at 15 to 16 mph and gusting to maybe 20 or 23. The P3 flew well overall, but I felt like I was having to work it to keep it from drifting backwards while flying into the wind. I actually had a little bit of a hard time landing it, because the wind made controlling it a little unpredictable. Did I push the limits of wind speed? When I did a 360 degree video, it seemed pretty stable, all things considered. All in all, I was very happy. My old Parrot AR drone would have been in the next state and my FC40 would have died out in minutes.

I am bothered by the video though and am beginning to wonder if maybe the camera is defective.

That could be the problem. I'll try that. I know I have more than 3 flights on it, although the card had plenty of space on it. They need to make an extended manual for this. It seems like there's lots of tweaks that should be followed to keep things correct. I appreciate the advice. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers