Video Question

Reaction score
I have the P3 Professional. Whenever I'm taking video and my camera is pointing straight forward it turns the ground very dark. But if I angel it downward basically any angle but straight forward everything brightens up correctly. I'm thinking when the camera sees the bright blue sky it readjust the white balance to the skies color.

Thanks,

Mike

I have the P3 Professional. Whenever I'm taking video and my camera is pointing straight forward it turns the ground very dark. But if I angel it downward basically any angle but straight forward everything brightens up correctly. I'm thinking when the camera sees the bright blue sky it readjust the white balance to the skies color.

Thanks,

Mike
If you have it on automatic, that may happen depending on the direction of the sun. That is fine if you are not looking in different directions-- I us AE some with the lighting conditions are not changing much, and use manual and the control exposure wheel when they are varying

You need to get used to using AE lock or manual settings. Lots of info on YouTube for camera settings. I typically just hover to a point that the exposure is where I like it and the press the AE lock icon.

You need to get used to using AE lock or manual settings. Lots of info on YouTube for camera settings. I typically just hover to a point that the exposure is where I like it and the press the AE lock icon.
Does that not give the exposure back to the camera.?-- I don't believe that setting it on manual and turning on AE locks the setting in. The manual settings are locked when you set them and will not change unless you manually change them. Automatic is just what it says --IMHO

With the AE lock yes it is leaving the exposure up to the camera. I use this sometimes when I like the cameras auto exposure and I don't plan on doing a lot of editing in post. When using the manual settings, you won't need to use AE lock since you are overriding the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20