video quality and satellite problems

Reaction score
Im a new phantom 4 owner i have about 4 batteries worth of flights under my belt. I fly near my property in rural Pennsylvania in case it goes down I know exactly where it is. When I get out about a half mile away my video on my phone begins to freeze and losses connection. Also my satellite connection drops kinda low as well. I'm not sure if it's a settings isssue that I'm not aware of or not. Also the quality of my videos that Iam getting are not really up to 4K standards?

Antenna orientation is important for a good signal. Make sure you're holding the controller correctly. (See video below) Also, nearby WiFi can cause interference (either where you're standing, or where your craft is flying . I shut the WiFi off on my iPad when I fly. I find it helps with video range.

On satellites, I'm not too sure what 'kinda low' means. How many satellites are you seeing? Note that if the number of satellites gets to a point where P mode won't work anymore, it will switch to ATTI and let you know.

On video.. There are two sources of video. Are you looking at the video saved on your tablet or phone? Or are you looking at what is saved on the MicroSD card. What you see on your device is only 720P. If you're recording 4K, you need to get it off the MicroSD.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Yough and hotashes
Antenna orientation is important for a good signal. Make sure you're holding the controller correctly. (See video below) Also, nearby WiFi can cause interference (either where you're standing, or where your craft is flying . I shut the WiFi off on my iPad when I fly. I find it helps with video range.

On satellites, I'm not too sure what 'kinda low' means. How many satellites are you seeing? Note that if the number of satellites gets to a point where P mode won't work anymore, it will switch to ATTI and let you know.

On video.. There are two sources of video. Are you looking at the video saved on your tablet or phone? Or are you looking at what is saved on the MicroSD card. What you see on your device is only 720P. If you're recording 4K, you need to get it off the MicroSD.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Such a good pointer to learn from for newb's. So clear, thanks.

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Explains a lot I was blocking my signal by where I was trying to fly thanks for the info

Reactions: hotashes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31