Video problems and interference

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently went to my local hobby shop to install a FPV system on my phantom 2. Basically, they put an Immersion 600 video transmitter and a mini OSD. I also have a GoPro 3+ Black Edition with the Zenmuse H3-2D.

First question:
So after the installation, I took my phantom for a quick fly, and I noticed the quality of the video on my FPV monitor quickly worsened. The last moments of the battery life, I couldn’t even see the video at all. Is the quality of the video onto my FPV monitor supposed to deteriorate as battery life decreases?

Second question:
To my surprise, the video recording (on the SD card) was full with interference. From the very beginning, I noticed small vertical lines; as time went by, the interference worsened until the video was completely filled with this interference.
Now, has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks

You didnt say what the monitor is or the reciever. Couple if things to check: If its a Black Pearl it should be in NTSC video mode (common fix) and check that that both TX and RX are on the same frequency. It should not get worse as aircraft battery drains - other things should be happening there! Like failsafe, low battery warnings. Is GoPro and monitor fully charged?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights thanks for the reply,

My monitor is a “LILLIPUT 7" 329/W FPV Monitor single 5.8Ghz AV receivers 4 bands and total 31 channels for Fat Shark. I also replaced the antennas with “5.8 GHz Blue beam Omni Antenna”.

My monitor battery was fully charged, my GoPro was also charged. What about the fact that the video recording contained really bad noise/interference? I am going to try to post it online.

I'm not an expert but it sounds like the frequencies are mismatched. Apparently if they are mismatched but close you can still get a video signal of sorts. I also have no experience of your Lilliput and reciever, sorry. Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will pick it up. The actual video would be helpful too.

Just another thought...it might be a good idea to check that the antennas have the correct connection to the TX and rx SMA or the like

Irish Sights thanks for the replies, I managed to solve my issue

I was using a very slow micro SD card. I bought an ScanDisk Ultra Plus which seem to work ok for 1080p, I also bought another ScanDisk Extreme Pro for the 2.7 and 4K videos.

Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj