Video playback problem after the 2.0 update?

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a problem with the videos playing back on their phone after doing the 2.0 update?

I was having problems with my range after doing the update. After going into the software and resetting the geo fence a few times and setting it back to the defaults I was able to get it working again but I still have the problem with the video playback using the app. I tried 3 different phones (2 of them with fresh installs of the app) with the same results. Also tried 2 different SD cards. I keep getting an error message that the video can not be played. If I take the SD card out and use my computer it will play them fine. Just can't use the device with the app. I tried to save them to the phones and the video will transfer okay but with the same results. It worked perfectly before doing the update.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Re: Video playback problem after the 2.0 update?

You're not trying to playback 1080 60i on your iPhone or iPad are you? It's not supported (on Apple iDevices). Shoot in 1080 30p instead. However if you need 1080 60i the clips on your microSD card will playback fine on your computer.

iDrone ;)

iDrone said:
You're not trying to playback 1080 60i on your iPhone or iPad are you? It's not supported (on Apple iDevices). Shoot in 1080 30p instead. However if you need 1080 60i the clips on your microSD card will playback fine on your computer.

iDrone ;)

I'm using a Droid maxx and I tried my wife and daughter's Galaxy S4 phones too. Also tried recording in all the different settings.
When we flash the firmware, is there a certain amount of time needed for the firmware to build? What I mean is it like flashing a rom on phone? Sometimes it takes a bit for it to populate it's and function right. If that makes sense.

I have been messing with it for a while this evening. Powering everything on and off, then reformatting the SD card several times. It actually would work but then after closing the app it would tell me my SD card was full with only a few 4/5 second videos on it. Both with the 4gb that came with it and a 32gb SD. Point is it's now hit or miss.
Thanks again iDrone for trying to help me out.

The Assistant will download the firmware file to your computer, then extract it to the Vision's NAZA, Central Board, etc. After it writes to one section, it needs to reboot to complete installation to that section, then power-up and begin upgrading another section, reboot, etc. So yes, it will take some & require a few reboots. The Assistant should display upgrade progress & notify you when it wants you power-off and reboot the Vision. In the event an attempted upgrade appears to have stopped, you'll probably have to power-off & start over if it halts for too long. FYI no single section should take more than 30-minutes.

Not certain what's up with the short clips & "card full" warnings, if you put the card in your computer are they short or normal length?

iDrone

Maybe the new firmware isnt playing nice with the dji vision app... May take dji to update their phone app as well... Anyone else having similar issues?

Check faq on dji website?

Just some ideas.

iDrone said:
The Assistant will download the firmware file to your computer, then extract it to the Vision's NAZA, Central Board, etc. After it writes to one section, it needs to reboot to complete installation to that section, then power-up and begin upgrading another section, reboot, etc. So yes, it will take some & require a few reboots. The Assistant should display upgrade progress & notify you when it wants you power-off and reboot the Vision. In the event an attempted upgrade appears to have stopped, you'll probably have to power-off & start over if it halts for too long. FYI no single section should take more than 30-minutes.

Not certain what's up with the short clips & "card full" warnings, if you put the card in your computer are they short or normal length?

iDrone

The installation went off without any noticeable hiccups. 2 restart like you described. Took only a few minutes tops.
The videos are 100% when the SD card is in the computer.

Pull_Up said:
What version of the camera firmware are you running?

I checked that too. It's current. I even downloaded the latest update for the camera to see if I could reflash it.
I was kinda hoping for someone else to be having the same problem (sorry, I know that's not nice :) ) but so far it's just me...

You didnt format the SD card on your pc instead of the fc200 did you?

Needs to be in the camera for format.
Also.. SD cards have a lock... Dont think it would allow you to access it on a pc tho, if it were locked... Try reformating on pc... Then again in camera maybe.

i had a problem with the filming today after the update i made today
i made the update then went out to film
got 5 pictures no problem
did 2 films and the second its not recognized...any ideea why? it's same everything like the first...same flight even...started a film....stopped it...and then started recording again...and at home i realized that the second movie is not recognized...why?

bogdanditu said:
i had a problem with the filming today after the update i made today
i made the update then went out to film
got 5 pictures no problem
did 2 films and the second its not recognized...any ideea why? it's same everything like the first...same flight even...started a film....stopped it...and then started recording again...and at home i realized that the second movie is not recognized...why?

You probably did what I continuously do. You shut down the P2V before turning off the camera. Turn the P2V back on, with the sd card inserted, let it sit for a few seconds, then turn the power off, pull the card and you should be all set...

-slinger

omg it worked
i can't belive it
didnt't remember if i turned it off or not, but you were right
i deleted them from the card and saved them on the PC, afther seeing your advice i copied the damaged file on the card, pluged it in camera again, done 5-6 pictures to be sure, and afther insertind the card in the PC, surpised the video was ok.
THANK YOU FOR YOR HELP!
It really helped me!

Nice catch Slinger, completely escaped the rest of us... We should have caught it from the first clue: "short clips" (as in open files).

Your right, we need that section on the board you wanted.

iDrone ;)

Pull_Up said:
The OP still hasn't reported success, though...

I haven't abandoned my post guys. The weather here has been lousy so I haven't been able to get out.
I have been able to get it to work but it's seems to be hit or miss. I did several formats of the SD card/cards using the app and P2V camera. The last format I did with the 32gb card seemed to be working. I took 3 small videos (in the house, not in the air) and was able to get it to work.
I don't want to report success until I'm able to get out and put it in the air though.
As someone mentioned above, it's like the app and the Phantom aren't playing well together....
I'll post back as soon as I'm able to get in the air.

Pull_Up said:
The OP still hasn't reported success, though...

Good point. I thought it WAS the OP... :D

-slinger

Okay, I was able to get a few flights in today.
I think I have it figured out. Apparently I need to open the gallery in the app and open at least one of the videos before turning off the P2V. I don't need to transfer the video to the phone but just open the gallery. Odd because I didn't have to do it before but not a big deal.

Thanks for all the help guys! It's appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl