Video playback is jumping frames.

Reaction score
I recently went to the desert and shot some great video of the kids riding their dirt bikes around a small track. After downloading to a iMac and playing thru both iPhoto and iMovie the video isn't smooth. I was flying around fast to keep up with them but not sure if that's ok to do or if there's a rendering step that needs to be completed first. Ive since went and changed settings to try anything that might fix the problem but haven't been able to video the same type of senerio yet to check. Thanks for any tips!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you're shooting in 4k or 2.7k, the probable reason is that your computer isn't powerful enough to play it back smoothly.

Also, make sure that you micro sdCard was fast enough to write 4K ou 2.7k video codec.

I haven't tried to export to any other application yet. This is all new to me and just didn't know if there was another step. I thought I could just download to iPhoto move to iMovie and cut clip and add sound to make an awesome video. I guess theirs more to it than that. The iMac isn't very old but maybe it's not good for this type of stuff.

Chapy- the sd card I took from my GoPro and I never had any issue with that video. I assume it would work fine in the drone. Maybe not.

Just flew test flight at 1080 and playback was much better. I'm going to look into a new PC. Any suggestions would be great thanks!

Just flew test flight at 1080 and playback was much better. I'm going to look into a new PC. Any suggestions would be great thanks!

It could just be the sd card. I would take the choppy video and process it first to see if the jumps are over before buying a new pc. I use an older laptop and it works fine on 4K after I have processed it from the file on the sd card.

Start with a minimum of a class 10 card. iMac shouldn't be the limiting factor... I'm not an Apple guy, but normally they're the ones to beat. Before you go dropping bucks on a new PC/Mac, I'd give your rendered video to someone else to see if they have the same issues.

Start with a minimum of a class 10 card. iMac shouldn't be the limiting factor... I'm not an Apple guy, but normally they're the ones to beat. Before you go dropping bucks on a new PC/Mac, I'd give your rendered video to someone else to see if they have the same issues.
Make a 5 sec clip for me and post it, I will run it and evaluate on my mac.

I ran into the same issue on my MAC. Formatted the card in the bird and all is good. A lot cheaper then a new PC, worth a shot.

Reactions: Purgy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4