Video/Photo editing software

Reaction score
Need some help choosing the right software to purchase for my P4P. I'd like alot of flexibility but hoping something fairly simple to learn. Most of my edits will be working with real estate so I don't think I need a Hollywood studio but can't decide. What are you guys using? Why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Premiere Pro CC 2017 is my personal preference

It's simple enough to learn you can pay a monthly fee ($9.99) if you want.

I find it's the best bang for the buck. =)

Reactions: jakobe75
Adobe Premiere

I know you can get Photoshop and Lightroom for $9.95, but Premiere is $19.95 per month - perhaps there is a student offer? I started with Movie Studio but now use Vegas Pro - lots of very professional addin's available. For small projects its very quick, including the ability to read and write ProRes. Its also very good for large projects done by a single person. You can get Black Magic'sResolve as wells as Fusion for free but they require a killer computer. However TRY even something like Premiere Elements or Movie Studio (both have free trials as does Vegas and Premiere (I think)) for try before you buy.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry I got the prices wrong you are correct

=)

You can find a list of commonly used editors here.

Reactions: MassGuy
In reference to Adobe Premiere, I just purchased Adobe Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements as a bundle with my new computer. (Waiting for the computer to arrive). Will Adobe Premiere Elements suffice for the editing? I'm a beginner. I just got my Phantom 4 for Christmas and am very much enjoying learning how to fly it first, and that has mostly been my focus. I've taken a few decent pictures that I have done some minor editing to on my iPad with some software filters. Next step is to get better at pictures and videos! Any tips my way would be appreciated :) I'm very much enjoying this site and all the useful tips I've read throughout the forums. Thanks everyone.

Although I use Vegas Pro, I also have Premiere Elements bought when it looked like Sony was going to let Vegas/Movie Studio die this year and I thought I'd have to my switch NLE.. Elements is a very good consumer editor, it will be a great editor for your needs for a long time. Take the time to watch the tutorials and look at youtube "how to's", it will have you up and producing in no time.

Reactions: antnyp85
Although I use Vegas Pro, I also have Premiere Elements bought when it looked like Sony was going to let Vegas/Movie Studio die this year and I thought I'd have to my switch NLE.. Elements is a very good consumer editor, it will be a great editor for your needs for a long time. Take the time to watch the tutorials and look at youtube "how to's", it will have you up and producing in no time.
Awesome, thanks!

if we also talk about photo-editing software: i usually use Photoshop cs5 or lightroom and when i need fast editing i use online services like fixthephoto.com and some others.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers