Video Output Ribbon

Reaction score
Ok, per my flight log I have about 20 hours of flight time with NO ACCIDENTS! Last night I went to charge my GoPro, carefully unplugged the ribbon and the end just fell off. PISSED ME OFF! So, I just ordered a new ribbon and it will be here by Thursday. But I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know of a way to strengthen the ribbon? Adding electrical tape, etc?

2) What other extra parts do you keep on hand for times like this?

Thanks!

I strengthened mine with thin strips of gaffer tape and it seems to work. Prior to that I busted mine after just two outings but since adding the tape it has been OK. I ordered seven spare ribbon cables, thinking I would need all of them but have actually not needed any. I should add that I now hand catch my quad as I think there is less chance of damage to the gimbal (and ribbon) that way.
Bob

My first one broke after six flights. Second one has lasted me over 25. I just learned to be careful. If I remove the go pro I tape it to the gimbal.

I added gaffa type tape too before I fitted the "replacement" one, first one last 4-5 removals, this now has lasted far longer, also i didnt use the sticky part on the curve under the back sticker as I felt the bend around the corner of the GoPro was too tight... IMO :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers