Video out confirmation

Reaction score
My FPV has failed - I know the DJI AVL58 FPV System transmitter and receiver are working, the monitor is working, but I don't know if the failure is with the H3-2D or the board on the Phantom 2.

Is there anyway to send video output directly from the H3-2D into the AVL58 transmitter - without going through the board? If it works coming out of the H3-2D then the problem is the board, but I cannot think of a way to power up the H3-2D, and the transmitter, without going through the P2.

TIA

Re: Vodeo out confirmation

Tolipa said:
My FPV has failed - I know the DJI AVL58 FPV System transmitter and receiver are working, the monitor is working, but I don't know if the failure is with the H3-2D or the board on the Phantom 2.

Is there anyway to send video output directly from the H3-2D into the AVL58 transmitter - without going through the board? If it works coming out of the H3-2D then the problem is the board, but I cannot think of a way to power up the H3-2D, and the transmitter, without going through the P2.

TIA

You can use the video input cable which has a battery lead at one end to power it up and transmit to see if the AVL is working

AVL is working fine - I tested it a number of times, but no FPV. I don't know if it just not getting through the H3-2D, or whether it is being lost at the main board.

Tolipa said:
AVL is working fine - I tested it a number of times, but no FPV. I don't know if it just not getting through the H3-2D, or whether it is being lost at the main board.

so rule out the gimbal first. hook up everything except the gimbal. Maybe it's one of the gimbal wires. You could check to see the ribbon cable inside the P2 is seated correctly too.

If it's not the ribbon cables or the gimbal then it's the main board.

Well the is working fine - no problems at all - but I don't know if the video from the gopro is being fed from the gimbal to the P2. I don't know if the GoPro attachment at the gimbal is feeding the video through - the GoPro is feeding video, I know because I hooked up the HDMI port and checked - but the question remains - is the video getting through the GoPro connection on the H32D. I don't know of any way to check that. If I connect from the gimbal direct to the AVL Transmitter, I have no power to the TX because it pulls that from the P2 board - which I will have bypassed.
I would be willing to replace the H32D board and connection, but where can I find one?

Tolipa said:
Well the is working fine - no problems at all - but I don't know if the video from the gopro is being fed from the gimbal to the P2. I don't know if the GoPro attachment at the gimbal is feeding the video through - the GoPro is feeding video, I know because I hooked up the HDMI port and checked - but the question remains - is the video getting through the GoPro connection on the H32D. I don't know of any way to check that. If I connect from the gimbal direct to the AVL Transmitter, I have no power to the TX because it pulls that from the P2 board - which I will have bypassed.
I would be willing to replace the H32D board and connection, but where can I find one?

wow... do you know anyone with a Gopro3? i would find someone to rule out the gopro? did you check all ribbon cables... that they are all seated and plugged in... did you check the cables inside?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic