Video of stills?

Reaction score
If I'm up flying and I have my GoPro set to take only stills and no video, is there a way to make my FPV monitor show where I am in the sky for the photographs (via video)? Or can the GoPro show the stills through the monitor? I plan on using the 1 frame every 2 seconds or the 1 frame every 5 seconds. Thanks

Unfortunately the GoPro doesn't output video to the gimbal when the camera is in stills mode.

I've requested that option be added via a firmware update. I have no idea if the feature is being considered.

LandYachtMedia said:
Unfortunately the GoPro doesn't output video to the gimbal when the camera is in stills mode.

I've requested that option be added via a firmware update. I have no idea if the feature is being considered.

Yeah, I was afraid of that! Kinda' makes doing panos hit or miss, and of course it sucks if you needed to get some stills and you can't see the copter! Maybe Go Pro should be made aware of this shortcoming? Thanks for your response.

Consider extracting frames from your video for panos.

If you do 4k video it could work, even 1080 I guess...

Its a pity the Ricoh Theta needs wifi, bit its low res anyway...

Mark Picard said:
LandYachtMedia said:

Yeah, I was afraid of that! Kinda' makes doing panos hit or miss, and of course it sucks if you needed to get some stills and you can't see the copter! Maybe Go Pro should be made aware of this shortcoming? Thanks for your response.

I have reported this to GoPro as a product improvement. It would help if more people made the request.

http://gopro.com/contact-form

LandYachtMedia said:
Mark Picard said:
LandYachtMedia said:

I have reported this to GoPro as a product improvement. It would help if more people made the request.

http://gopro.com/contact-form

Will do.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers