Video not "smooth"

Reaction score
Didn't see anything on here yet about videos not playing back smoothly. My videos are not playing back smoothly and was looking for some guidance ....Thank you

Without seeing what you mean by "smoothly" it's hard to say. Can you post a sample? If not, check your frame rate vs your playback frame rate.

Where are you getting the video from? Straight from the SD card with no editing? What device are you using to play the video. _Some_ type of background would help. Otherwise its like saying, "my thing broke... what can I do to fix it".

Reactions: gvsukids
I am trying to play it off of the sd card with windows video player and another plaer I'm not sure of right now. It is un-edited right off of the card in my sd card slot and not in the drone. I also tried 2 different sd cards and got the same result. (8gb and 32gb)

I am trying to play it off of the sd card with windows video player and another plaer I'm not sure of right now. It is un-edited right off of the card in my sd card slot and not in the drone. I also tried 2 different sd cards and got the same result. (8gb and 32gb)
Try downloading it to your computer. Playing it off the sd card might be your issue.

Reactions: gvsukids
If you're shooting 4K and playing it back on your computer, it's likely that your processor and/or RAM isn't up to snuff. I have no prob with 2.7K but I get stuttering with 4K. Sometimes a different player helps (Windows Media Player, VLC, etc.). 2.7K stutters on my machine with VLC and WMP but not with Premiere Pro. What is your processor, RAM, and video card? I have 16 GB RAM, i7 6 core processor, and an NVidia 980 ti card.

If you're shooting 4K and playing it back on your computer, it's likely that your processor and/or RAM isn't up to snuff. I have no prob with 2.7K but I get stuttering with 4K. Sometimes a different player helps (Windows Media Player, VLC, etc.). 2.7K stutters on my machine with VLC and WMP but not with Premiere Pro. What is your processor, RAM, and video card? I have 16 GB RAM, i7 6 core processor, and an NVidia 980 ti card.

OK now I can't answer that, not knowledgeable about computers at all....sounds logical though

I have also heard about opening the shutter speed when filming. I am not advanced enough to try myself but site after site mentions that your shutter speed should be double frame rate you are shooting in. Not even sure if the Phantom supports this TBH.

I'm constantly amazed people spend so much on this device - the prime purpose of which is to record quality video - with hardly a clue what to do next.

I'm not to be a smart a$$ but thats why they come to the forum. To ask questions and learn. Unless your really familiar with computers and video your going to have questions. I'm sure everyone buying these aren't experts.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4wd sorry I offended you. I guess I'm just not as smart as you and I should be ashamed of myself for openly asking for guidance, actually I'm not sorry a **** bit. Thank you to everyone else that has helped me. Got some good ideas along the way and found a video that I did run through an editor played just fine line someone has mentioned.

I have also heard about opening the shutter speed when filming. I am not advanced enough to try myself but site after site mentions that your shutter speed should be double frame rate you are shooting in. Not even sure if the Phantom supports this TBH.
You'll need filters if you are doing that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers