Video noise when panning the camera up from pointed straight down

Reaction score
Ive noticed this from watching some videos on YouTube and also my experience. I see noise or grainy effect when the camera is pointed straight down as it moves upward to level position. What variables could cause this? Some folks videos on YouTube dont have that effect while others do. Today for example. I was messing around with the drone and filmed at 2.7k 30fps and auto mode and saw this effect when i played it back when i got home. All other video is fine. By the way...the panning upward was near the ground if that helps. I hope im explaining this clearly. I hope someone can shed some light on this ? Here is the vid...first several seconds is all thats needed to see. Right as camera pans upward.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I can't articulate it in technical terms but it's due to the camera changing exposure (auto-exposure). You could try manual exposure but as you panned upward you'd have to change it due to the brighter sky.

Had the exact same problem. Adjusted the cam settings according to the link below and never saw it again.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happy flying!

Reactions: Pharm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31