Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Video loss acceptance?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Hugh-1, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Hugh-1

on my P3P using a iPad mini 2 and running all the latest updates, I will get an occasional loss of video. I get it back by closing and restarting the Go app. Should I accept this glitch or send in for repair? I have tried all the suggested "fixes" suggested on this forum but still get it sometimes.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

What have you tried?

3. Hugh-1

Reinstalled app multiple times. Downgrade and re-upgrade firmware several times. Channel hack, currently on 32 with lowest transfer rate setting. Tried the decode thingy both on and off. Calibrated IMU several times, cold calibration protocol. Rebound controller. Problem is a little less on last update but still losing video occasionally. Do you have any suggestions?

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

5. Hugh-1

All those things have been done. No luck. I know of a few that have the problem, have sent for repair and are now good to go. What is DJI doing to repair this problem?

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

That problem is often caused by the device itself, but I suppose there could be an issue with the DJI GO app. I don't see that problem when using my P3P with my iPad Mini 2.

7. Hugh-1

I suppose. Since it is not all the time a don't think it is hardware. I've tried different devices, iPad air2 and mini4, same result. Also tried another controller, no luck either. Any more ideas? I,m willing to try anything before tossing in the towel and sending for repair. If I do end up sending for repair I don't think I'll go the DJI route. I'll send to a drone repair shop and pay for it. Any recommendations on where to go?

8. msinger

Approved Vendor

Try Hani.

9. Hugh-1

Thank you for your help tonight. Hani has been suggested before so I'll be giving him a call.