Video Lighting

Reaction score
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get the best lighting down for videoing real estate. As we all know, on a beautiful, bright, sunny day the video will be amazing on 3 sides, then on one things are totally washed out because of the sun glare. I have heard about the "Golden Hour" for video but when I tried that, it was on a house in the woods and I thought it looked a bit TOO dark. Or did I not need the ND4 Filter I was using? There was still glare in spots so I thought I should. In the video I share here, I shot that between 11:00-12:00. I thought with the sun more overhead at that time of day it would be better, but no. As you can see in video (Only 20 seconds) that facing one way it is a complete wash, but turn 180 degrees,,,,perfect. What should I do here? On days like this should I be using a ND16 or ND32 filter? I used ND8 on this one.

I think you just need to tilt your camera lower to avoid the glare ... or take some vid in the morning and some in the evening ... or even give that clip some fade correction in your editor.

I think you just need to tilt your camera lower to avoid the glare ... or take some vid in the morning and some in the evening ... or even give that clip some fade correction in your editor.

Fade Correction? I am not seeing that as a tool in my video editing program. I use Cyberlink Power Director 12. Is that maybe not a feature on that program?

Try loading it into the GoPro Studio, the ProTune filter may help, play with the settings, you can isolate that clip and split it where needed and apply filters/changes, works seamlessly :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues