Video lag

Reaction score
Hi
I am going to buy Vision 2+ V3.0.
What kind of video lag there is on the fpv? It use WIFI, like FC40. Is the lag same in Vision 2+?
What is FPV range in practice?

i just got one 1 week ago.It is awesome...only real concern is quality of video camera..it is good but not great. I can see the FPV in an open field as far as I can see the P2V+...lag is bearable at 640x480 15 fps..the most outstanding feature is the gimbal.

Recording format has nothing to do with lag. The fpv settings in 320x15fps is the most reliable and gives you the most distance in fpv. Recording in 720 60fps is the best option in my opinoin. Nice smooth video.

Hi
I am going to buy Vision 2+ V3.0.
What kind of video lag there is on the fpv? It use WIFI, like FC40. Is the lag same in Vision 2+?
What is FPV range in practice?

Dude, sincerely, if I were you, I wouldn't buy a Vision Plus. Unfortunately, I only found out it's not that good after buying it.

This "lag" you are talking about, is not as laggy as the FC40 wifi, but it exists. Let's start the explanation:

The solution that Dji found out to make FPV acessible for everyone is very interesting. Instead of using a "complicated" analog video feed and having to include a screen along with the Phantom, they installed a module that will transform and transmit the video and telemetry via wifi signal, acessible to everyone who has iOS or Android devices.

But that's part of the problem - it's WiFi. Sometimes, there is a significant delay that will make you unable to know exactly what you're recording, for example. Or you're slowly drifing away with the wind.
It's also not very reliable, because sometimes you will lose your video feed for no reason, and wait up to 5s so it can come back.

My solution was to install an additional 1.2GHz analog FPV video feed, so the image that comes is crystal clear, hi-deff and extremely reliable. I really don't know how people can stand using Vision Plus's wifi experience.

My thoughts.

My solution was to install an additional 1.2GHz analog FPV video feed, so the image that comes is crystal clear, hi-deff and extremely reliable. I really don't know how people can stand using Vision Plus's wifi experience.

My thoughts.

Can you explain how you did this?

Ive been flying the V3 for some time now and dont really have any problems with the lag. Its not as sharp a video quality as my dominators and a 2,4ghz video transmitter on my tbs but it is definitely useable. I do 320x15fps, I found at 640 it was a bit laggy unless you fly really close. I record at 1080ix60fps, found the video a bit less jittery then at 30fps because I do a lot of action filming and fly fast.

Can you explain how you did this?

I will create a full post showing why and how I did this, but it's pretty easy.
I spliced the video signal that comes from the gimbal assembly (it's the extreme one on the right), and connected it to a 1.2GHz 500mw Lawmate video transmitter.

Then, just tuned it to the receiver. I now have "pure" video in analog FPV, and telemetry + ground station in the Dji vision app. Pretty nice.

I will create a full post showing why and how I did this, but it's pretty easy.
I spliced the video signal that comes from the gimbal assembly (it's the extreme one on the right), and connected it to a 1.2GHz 500mw Lawmate video transmitter.

Then, just tuned it to the receiver. I now have "pure" video in analog FPV, and telemetry + ground station in the Dji vision app. Pretty nice.
Have you posted yet?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl