Video jittery/shaky last two flights

Reaction score
The video has been jittery/shaky the last two flights. I was hoping it was just on my screen, but it is also on the recorded videos. I seem to remember others mentioning something similar happening to them. Is this something permanent? Is there a simple fix? Is this a warranty item? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

First thing to check is you gimbal dampers (the white rubber connectors between the camera gimbal and mounting plate). Make sure they are in properly with no restrictions. Make sure you haven't added anything to the underside of the Phantom that can interfere with its movement. It should have two DJI plastic pins. If you changed them for zip ties, make sure the zip ties are loose.
You will always get jello (camera shake/jitter) when flying sideways in windy conditions, perhaps it was just a windy day and flew at a side orientation?

If this is being recorded tells me from experience that it is 1 of 3 possibilities. Either the flat gimbal cable, or one of the two small wire harnesses, or their connections are the problem. You might be able to simulate the issue by powering everything up and setting the camera to record. Then while holding the a/c, roll it around as if it were flying as a test to see if the gimbal movement may have caused interference. Be sure you tip it forward and backwards to the gimbals limit. No need to go beyond the limit either.You can now stop and play back the video and watch for any interference throughout the video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.