Video Jitters - Jello effect?

Is this problem of jittery video confined to the P3 Advanced? Does it show up in the P3 Pro?

I just got my P3A this week and the video is very jittery. If this is a hardware problem,
First, check if props do shutter the sun beam on lens. If not occur when shooting backward (front light) or in shadow zone, props maybe. Any kind of sunshade or cleaning the lens (actually uv filter) maybe effective.

Had my P3 for a couple of days, it is my first Phantom. I was wondering if it is 'normal' for the recorded video to be this jittery? Every recording so far has had a pronounced wobble. My mates P2 vision plus recordings taken at the same time are much smoother. Am I doing something wrong- or just expecting too much?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Comments appreciated!
Same exact issue I've sent mine back as this is my third phantom so I know you can shoot good video this one just does not .looks like it may be a production problem with either a gimbal motor or some vibration coming through .I tried different gimbal balls cause three different sets of props balancing the props and multiple iMU calibrations

Also, order some of the more sturdy rubber gimbal buffers.. The ones on phantom help really make the gimbal bounce around less

The stock rubber ones are way to flimsy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem. Check out this video and watch the trees. Every 2 seconds there seems to be some sort of vibration causing the video to shake. I am wondering if it is from the gimbal?

Did you find a fix for this? I have nearly exact same video problem.

If you are flying a new bird, one thing that many of us (myself included) miss is removing the small, white bit of foam from the back of the gimbal! Helps to hold down the gimbal during shipping, but really interferes with the gimbal stabilization in flight.

Also, order some of the more sturdy rubber gimbal buffers.. The ones on phantom help really make the gimbal bounce around less

The stock rubber ones are way to flimsy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I, personally wouldn't put stiffer connectors on. It's like changing to stiffer shocks on a car, transfers more jolts to the gimbal that the stabilization has to fight. As long as the buffers aren't stretched to near their max length, they should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.