Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Video issues..

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Northern Observer, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Northern Observer

Curious as to the source of screen garbage seen within this video:

2. Nate-xt

that is odd. Ive never seen that before, your camera could be messed up badly, but im not an expert.

3. Vertigo

I have seen it before, someone recently posted the exact same issue (or was it you?). Id try a different SD card and double check if all the flat cables are still in place. It looks as if data is being dropped now and then.

4. Ted4797

was that a direct feed or from the SD card? If it was the SD card I would try a new card before doing anything. If it is direct feed it is what you get sometimes.

Technikal likes this.
  5. sjp0eqt

If that video is from the SD card:
    I would check and, possibly replace, the two cables connected to the camera and how well seated the connectors are.
    You can buy a cable replacement kit for $14 that includes what you need.
    If the cables (condition & properly seated connectors) don't fix the problem, unfortunately you'll be looking for a replacement camera.

If that video is from the device connected to the remote:
    What does your video signal strength read in the DJI GO App?
    If the signal is strong, it points towards a camera problem.
    If the signal is weak it points to a radio or antenna problem.

WetDog likes this.
  6. Northern Observer

Nothing appears to be loose. This unit just came back from DJI to fix the famous compass issue problem. Video was fine before it went to DJI's shoppe, first flight after servicing, I get this. Tried two different flash cards, no change. Guess the flight seasons's over.

7. Yeti

I've been having the same issue with weird artifacting in my video. No idea the cause. Very fast high capacity SD card, no crazy distances...

8. WetDog

Don't throw in the towel just yet. As sjp0eqt mentions, CHECK the cables. It is quite possible that the tech tweaked it and loosened it slightly. Video feeds are fragile things electronically. You might need a cable replacement but it will only take a few minutes to check.

Also /start rant: you can edit these glitches out easily. Yes, they shouldn't be there but that is one reason why there is trim function on any video editor /end rant