Video Issues

Reaction score
I just received a used Phantom 4 this past Friday. I flew it Friday and three times today. Friday and the first time today, the live video and the videos taken were great. The second and third time, the live streaming as well as the video taken has extremely poor quality. A thick line of grainy discoloration appears on the screen. I've attached a couple of photos depicting the issue. Also after a minute or two, the DJI Go 4 app closes. Luckily I keep the drone close to be able to fly without the app. Is anyone familiar with the issue and/or have some ideas what could be causing the issue. Below is the equipment using...

Drone - Phantom 4
Viewing Device - Samsung 6 Phone
App used - DJI Go 4

Screenshot_20170514-144856_resized_1.png
Screenshot_20170514-144946_resized_1.png

I've tried a few things already..
- Placed the phone in Airplane Mode
- Removed any edited videos in the DJI Go 4 app to clear space

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Also, I never lost control from the controller and it never asked me RTH. It never engaged RTH either. BTW, first owner of a Phantom. Love the control of it. Just need to work on video part of it.

If the video in your computer from the card in your bird is good then it is GO4 that has a hard time to run in your cell phone. Try in recording first in 1080 as most computers can play this, 4K may not play well if your computer does not have the power to do it. My samsung tab4 cleaned as much as it can, can't run GO4. The bird flys' well but the app crashes in my tablet.

I took your advise and lowered the quality of the video recording to the lowest level possible, 720P @24fps (1280x720), but the large lines still appear. I noticed when I switched over to "Photo", the live streaming is fine. It is only when I switch to "Video" the issue arises. Still trying to narrow down the possibilities.

So I tried something and it seems to work.... I reset the video settings back to default. I don't recall changing anything in the first place after I purchased it a couple of days ago, but either way.... it worked.

Reactions: blue pilot
So I tried something and it seems to work.... I reset the video settings back to default. I don't recall changing anything in the first place after I purchased it a couple of days ago, but either way.... it worked.

Hi, I too have just bought a "refurb" P4. I was told it had been refurbed by dji and the pysical condition is excellent, i'm very pleased with it for the price I paid but I am having very similar issues to you.
The video feed to my phone (vodaphone smart ultra 6) is awful with the coloured banding like you were getting, another thing is the live feed stops when I hit record and when I try to playback video it's just a still image !! I tried running the P4 using my tablet (lenovo yoga) and got the same issues.
Iv'e just found my old iphone 5 and am charging it up to try it. Failing that i'll have to take P4 back and go for mavic.
Can I ask how you reset video back to default please?

To reset the video back to default, click on the settings button on the right side of the screen under the "Shutter" button. In the Settings screen, scroll to the bottom and press "Restore default settings".

Did using your iphone 5 help?

I took your advise and lowered the quality of the video recording to the lowest level possible, 720P @24fps (1280x720), but the large lines still appear. I noticed when I switched over to "Photo", the live streaming is fine. It is only when I switch to "Video" the issue arises. Still trying to narrow down the possibilities.

It's good that I found this. Maybe I can apply this to my Phantom as well.

To reset the video back to default, click on the settings button on the right side of the screen under the "Shutter" button. In the Settings screen, scroll to the bottom and press "Restore default settings".

Did using your iphone 5 help?

Thank you, Yes it was fine on the iphone, so it seems to be an android issue. If my old iphone had a bigger screen i would have gone with that but rather than pay out silly money for an iphone 7 I took the phantom back and bought a mavic. It seems fine on my android with a few glitches I need to sort in settings.
Shame really because the price on the P4 was amazing, (refurbed but looking new for £680 @ Jessops)

I had the same problem called DJI and they told me to calibrate Imu and gimbal fixed the problem right up

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik