Video Issues - Isolating to Cable

Reaction score
Recently had a rather nasty crash which, luckily, didn't total my bird. I lost one battery out of it, but ultimately the chassis held up well with minimal damage.

I'm missing the luma channel in my video feed and in recorded video, so I disassembled the gimbal to look for damage. I've found a crimp in the grey ribbon cable that feeds into the body. Does anybody have experience with these symptoms or enough expertise to say whether this might be the problem.

Unfortunately (fortunately for other reasons) I'm in Vietnam for the long-term, which makes it difficult to order and just throw parts at the problem, so I'm trying to isolate and get it right the first time.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_4150.JPG
    IMG_4150.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 290
  • vlcsnap-2017-06-09-00h04m06s1.jpg
    vlcsnap-2017-06-09-00h04m06s1.jpg
    893.6 KB · Views: 364
Thanks for the response. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but do you mean the black flex cable that runs through the gimbal?

I inspected it and can find only two places where it appears damaged. I think the one near where it connects to the board may be purposeful?

Attachments

• IMG_4154.JPG
    IMG_4154.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_4153.JPG
    IMG_4153.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 295
Thanks for the response. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but do you mean the black flex cable that runs through the gimbal?

I inspected it and can find only two places where it appears damaged. I think the one near where it connects to the board may be purposeful?
Yep! Flex broken. Replace to original DJI (Part 49), or china but only double layer! China single layer flex not working.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj