Video in progress light

Reaction score
One of the major concerns in the town where I live is that of privacy.
I get comments like "Those drones are invading our privacy and taking video of me in my pool".
I was wondering if it would be possible to have some large light on a P3 that came on when video was in progress.
That way I could educate people that you are only being video'd when the light is on.
May sound silly but it may build public confidence and believe me for this hobby we need to build public confidence.
Providing safety measures, being registered with the FAA, having insurance, etc all go a long way to building confidence

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

While the idea has merit our "industry" has no credibility and people will always think you're up to no good regardless what "Safe guards" you put into place. This has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the fact that crooks get around rules/procedures regardless what the honest and good people do.

Reactions: NRJ
I agree. Bad people do bad things.
The "drone" (I hate that word) community has a bad reputation at the moment. Believe it or not when Motorcars were first invented they also had a bad reputation. How every as safety measures were introduced (initially a person walking in front of the car with a red flag) the public started accepting them more.
Imagine the day when most households have a UAS that can be programmed to fly to the grocery store and pickup some eggs, a six pack of beer, etc. Or drop off a shirt at the dry cleaners. And perhaps roads in the sky are assigned for UASs to use.
Perhaps a log way off. But we are the pioneers. Perhaps one day people will see in history books where BigAI07 or hebburnboy added the UAS safety avoidance system that prevented people getting hurt.
I get as much pleasure flying my quadcopter as I do taking videos with it.

Reactions: NRJ and BigAl07
One of the major concerns in the town where I live is that of privacy.
I get comments like "Those drones are invading our privacy and taking video of me in my pool".
I was wondering if it would be possible to have some large light on a P3 that came on when video was in progress.
That way I could educate people that you are only being video'd when the light is on.
May sound silly but it may build public confidence and believe me for this hobby we need to build public confidence.
Providing safety measures, being registered with the FAA, having insurance, etc all go a long way to building confidence

That would cause more problems, at least when I fly over. When my bird is in the air... I am recording. When actually flying, I can't make out much detail. But when I play back my video, I see things I didn't know were happening. I don't want to miss anything. I would burn out the red recording light if I had one. Lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues