Video I have captured is for the first time GLITCHING?!

Reaction score
I have been capturing video on my Phantom Plus since they first came out with no issues whatsoever. For the first time the video I captured over the weekend is full of glitches, like the frame freezing and then jumping forward ect...Anyone have an idea as to what the issue would be?

BTW, I have never updated once since buying the Phantom, not even my iphone app, running it all original.

erikgraham said:
Maybe you should format your SD Card???

(format from within the DJI iPhone or Android App)

Good advice, and maybe try an alternative one if possible.
If you just delete files after downloading or viewing, fragments remain to do with indexing for example, and eventually the write speed is reduced.
This applies to all digital cameras but especially video which deals with a very large amount of data.

How are you viewing the video? Issues like you are describing usually occur during playback when the connection to the video's file isn't fast enough or the computer playing the video isn't powerful enough.

Edit: If the video plays with the same problems on multiple devices, then it probably is a recording problem. I periodically format my memory cards in camera as described in the previous post and definitely recommend doing that. If that fails to help, try a different SD card.

-- Roger

jadebox said:
How are you viewing the video? Issues like you are describing usually occur during playback when the connection to the video's file isn't fast enough or the computer playing the video isn't powerful enough.

Edit: If the video plays with the same problems on multiple devices, then it probably is a recording problem. I periodically format my memory cards in camera as described in the previous post and definitely recommend doing that. If that fails to help, try a different SD card.

-- Roger

Just watching on windows media player...have never had the problem before. I did notice while flying and recording that my view from the camera while flying kept stopping/glitching (on my iphone) which was the first time that has happened. And I thought "Oh I hope that doesn't show up on the video"....So I am not quite sure if they are related.

Some are removing the 4 pin plug on the camera and replugging back in, and getting the performance back to normal. A few hard landings could contribute to such issues.

Bateman233 said:
jadebox said:

-- Roger

Just watching on windows media player...have never had the problem before. I did notice while flying and recording that my view from the camera while flying kept stopping/glitching (on my iphone) which was the first time that has happened. And I thought "Oh I hope that doesn't show up on the video"....So I am not quite sure if they are related.

Windows media player is the worst player on my PC. I use quicktime and one thats multitudes better VLC. I get way to many glitches and VLC handles my 4k 30fps none of the others work well with it and windows media slayer gives me a black screen.

VLC and GOM Player for me. Just be careful installing these 'alternate' viewing programs as they will try to sneak 'freeware' or 'toolbars' in during the installation. Always install using 'expert' settings....

lsteigerwalt said:
erikgraham said:
Maybe you should format your SD Card???

(format from within the DJI iPhone or Android App)

I was having the same issue...formatted the card and all is back to normal...hope it helps :)

How do you format the card? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers