Video has green and purple horizontal lines across the video aprox. an 1" wide.

Wow, funny, I just did a short flight in a different open area and I did get green bars for just fractions of a second numerous times in the SD video card footage. And the video was very jerky. This was using my new Mini 4 tablet. Now not sure what to think?

And Cthru your post they replace the bird.....

I also had issues with the note. Make sure you have the right version drone for . either "android" or "Apple" and don't mix Android with apple, it's glitchy. On the side of the box the drone comes in, there is a label that sais what version you have. Either Apple or Android Make sure you're running all the same equipment. This seemed to clear up the whole issue for me.

Did some research and I did not find any reference as to selecting either Android or iOS.. I do not have my box so cannot check.. Do you have or can you post a picture of what the label says.

Had my second flight today, using Sony Xperia z3 compact tablet, green and purple lines showed up and the replay on the tablet shows it too, when I played it from SD card, video was nice and clean

I just noticed the box says apple and I'm running Android.

Attachments

• 1463615683380.jpg
    1463615683380.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 453
I did initial setup on my P4 with an older Samsung Galaxy S pro - I would get occasional lines. Later I got a new Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7 and have had zero of same issue. I might be a processor speed issue?

Question, has anyone questioned DJI as far as when you order your P4 should you ask for Apple or Android? Is there two different flavors??

hi guys my fist post on this forum... so i'm here because I couldn't find answers to my problem : I'm a P4 owner since 2 days and I couldn't get a nice replay without green lines or frozen screen so maybe I found something that could help you:

- first (I'm using an iPad mini 2) I uninstaled DJI Go app and reinstal it then I had to change the iPad's language in english US (I'm french) and the region to United States

- I followed msinger's advices

- I updated the firmware, calibrated the IMU, the RC and the compas (at the place I wanted to fly)

- in the DJI Go app press HD --> turned to "custom" and choosed a free channel and sliped to the lower video quality BUT the highest range

it worked well for me

Hi guys.
I am new to all this...
when it comes to technology, i would say i can figure it out...

That said, i have never seen the likes of this problem...
We bought a p4 merely 3 days ago.
The idea is to use it with the existing ipad mini that we already have. You would think there was no danger and that it would be a match made in heaven, right?

Well firmware updated DJI go app downloaded and ready to make some awesome videos. We powered up the gear and much to our surprise the screen on the ipad went insane.. Green, purple you name it. The picture was stable for 2-3 seconds at a time every 30 seconds.
Set up the iPhone 6- works perfectly.
Set up the iPhone 6s - works perfectly.
Then tried an old ipad with a multi pin connector, not the new smaller one- wont even let me get out of the tutorial...
Them tried a new (1 year old) lenovo tablet- the app keeps crashing!
My mate got a new samsung S7 edge- same green and purple problem...

I have tried to set the signal to custom in the HD setting and drop the feed down to 4 mps... There is no properly stable signalto choose from and although it helps, i am still not going to take the chance...

Any idea what i can do?
All i want is for my ipad 1 with an A3 processor to talk to the brilliant p4...

Please help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

A3 processor? C'mon, we are at least at A8. Brilliant P4 needs brilliant ipad ;)

Hahaha. Really?
I had no idea.
I was told at the apple shop today that the ipad mini i have has "at least twice the processing power of any current android tab"...
If they are already at an A8 then obviously i am trying to put my old mans vinyl collection into an SSD, without a cable!!!!!

BTW what is the best software to run???
Surely there are options other than DJI GO???

Thank you MR. Remy heli

Reactions: RémyHeli
the clean channels will vary for everyone and it depends on your surroundings also. Click the HD tab and click on custom and manually select your channel from there, select the one with the least interference.

Hi phantomnoobpilot
Quick question...?
What if they are all unstable?
I am yet to see a GREEN BLIP on my HD tab...
Green and purple haze seems to be the order of the day... (No not like that)

But seriously; not one channel is stable...
What then???

Some may note that I've had similar problems with my Phantom 4 RC controller/Tablet (an Alcatel onetouch pixi 3) combination. It all started a week ago when I dropped the controller & cracked the screen as it popped out of the mount.

The image from the camera broke up into blocky green screen - no use for navigation or framing a shot.

Got a Asus Zenpad C7.0 as a replacement, but the image was seriously crap.

Since then I bought a new USB connector cable and, despite having a cracked screen, the image stability seems to be back to what it was. No breaking up or anything like that. Admittedly, I've only wandered from room to room carrying my Phantom, but I'm hopeful that things will be better when I have a flight later today - it's just gone midnight now. Will get a more suitable new tablet later too.

I've also tried the Asus Zenpad on the RC controller again and the image is still crap, so that also discounts it as being suitable for use with the Phantoms.

I had something like that happen to me with my p3s. I believe it was in the camera settings, over exposure warning

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have only flown the Phantom 4 about 3 times. Each time I experienced horizontal green and purple lines across the video. It only last at time for a second or up to a minute. The bar goes completely across the screen and is about an 1 inch or so wide. I had seen someone else with the same issue and they up loaded photos the same as what I am seeing. Anyone have any suggestions what to do?

I had this when my Phantom 4 was new. I was using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phablet. I then tried a Samsung Galaxy S 10.5 tablet, same thing..dodgy purple and green blocks across the screen.

Luckily I got my hands on a NVidia Shield K1 and the problem has pretty much gone away. My dealers explained it's to do with the processing power of the device, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

My advice is get a K1. You won't regret it.

Last edited:
Hahaha. Really?
I had no idea.
I was told at the apple shop today that the ipad mini i have has "at least twice the processing power of any current android tab"...
If they are already at an A8 then obviously i am trying to put my old mans vinyl collection into an SSD, without a cable!!!!!

BTW what is the best software to run???
Surely there are options other than DJI GO???

Thank you MR. Remy heli

DJI Go or Litchi, two most popular. Others seem a little limited. B&h have the K1 in Stock today at 199.00

NoCo Drones

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj