Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Video from phantom 4 in Vancouver sunset

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Hammer, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Hammer

Here is a short video of the flight I had the other night. I definitely need no filters. I had to do a lot of color corrections cause the original was very blue

2. suck it up

Haa Haa I thought that seagull at 1:20 was going to attack!

Nice Video!

3. eaglegoaltender

Nice job of filming n flying - not to mention choice of music. City looks deserted..........lol for sure that seagull likely thought about a run at the Phantom.

4. Hammer

Funny thing. The shot was cut short cause the seagull was on the attack. He was squawking and dive bombing me so I quickly pulled back from the water

5. eaglegoaltender

No kidding eh.........looked like it was about to circle you....good call getting out of the way!

6. Hammer

Thanks eagle goaltender. There were lots of people out they are just the size of ants. The gull was absolutely taking a run at the phantom. Circled it 3 times squawking away. I was just about to use active track on the dragon boat and he ruined it lol

7. 2trickpony

Lovely weather to fly in, very peaceful. Good job !

8. eaglegoaltender

That sucks........saw those boats in your vid..........maybe you shoulda tried the AT on the Seagull (at least you would know where it is ---LOL).......have you used 'active track" yet and if so, how would you rate it?

Hey Hammer........with a "nick name" like that, your not a former Hamilton, Ont guy are ya?

BTW.....how are those Canucks doing these days........LOL - about as good as the Leafs (Laughs).

9. Hammer

thanks. the rain has finally stopped for a few days

10. Hammer

no kidding. although the seagull could confuse AT pretty fast.

As far as the Active track is concerened, It works pretty decent as long as the subject isnt moving around eratically cause it will loose the subject. but for consistant moving subjects its pretty good. I always practice orbiting moving subjects with my P2 so im decent at doing it without assist. The problem is if you look up from the sceen to do a quick visual of the phantom its easy to make one funny movement and mess up the shot. Tap and fly is cool too cause on screen you can adjust the speed. I havent tried point of interest yet though cause i have no problem orbiting a subject.

No not from Hamilton. Born and raised in BC. last name is Hammerquist so the nickname has always been there hahaha

as far as the Canucks are concerned, my god what an atrocious season. Looks like we are both in the hunt for Austin Mathews at the draft. To better times.

Cheers
    Kyle