Video from P3P

JBR

Reaction score
My video on my Ipad Air 2 is excellent, however when I download video from the onboard micro SD card directly to my computer via a card reader the video pauses, jumps, and starts and stops, very annoying. Any ideas? I have a 15 month old P3P.

What kind of computer do you have, and what are the specs?

The video cached to your iPad Air is low quality, so it doesn't take much in the way of resources to play it. If you're shooting 4K, the video on the microSD card will be very high quality but will be a resource hog for older computers.

Wheat software are you using to try to play it? If you don't have it, try the free VLC media player, which is efficient and can play just about anything: Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

"Mr. Salty" is right. If you are shooting 4k, which I never do, you will need a fast computer to play it. It will stutter and freeze, etc.
Try shooting at 1080p / 60frames/sec. Looks very good on HD TV and you can slow it down in a video editor to 30fps for a smoother effect.

Reactions: W2JFI
Many thanks! I will try both of your (kerrylaw and Mr Salty) suggestions. Also wondering if the SD card makes a difference?

One last thought... You said..."when I download video from the onboard micro SD card directly to my computer via a card reader the video pauses.."
So... you're COPYING the video file to your computer first, then playing it, right? You're not trying to play it directly from the SD card, right? If so, it will be terribly slow, and stutter, etc. The poor SD card can not read fast enough to play it, especially if it is higher than 1080.
I always copy the video to my computer then edit it in Final Cut Pro. Plays great before and after the edit. Just a thought.

Many thanks! I will try both of your (kerrylaw and Mr Salty) suggestions. Also wondering if the SD card makes a difference?

The quality of the SD card makes a BIG difference... you need a Class 10 card to handle the high data transfer rates. I use a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB Class 10 card and get excellent results and typically view it directly from the card without transferring it to the PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.