Video from P3 is not clear

Reaction score
Hi guys - new to the drone world and bought my son one. He is trying to take video of a neighbors house that is being sold. After trying to record video on an iPhone 6+ and card inserted in drone, both are coming out distorted.

Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am hoping it is a basic setting - any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi guys - new to the drone world and bought my son one. He is trying to take video of a neighbors house that is being sold. After trying to record video on an iPhone 6+ and card inserted in drone, both are coming out distorted.

Video:

Did you remove the plastic film from the lens?

No film on the lense...I had that covered! I do not know the technical term...distorted, refresh rate, frames per second...to describe the issue. You can clearly see it if you enlarge the video linked above.

Sorry - try it again:

Yo, that's bad how did you get the video off of the SD card to a computer to up load it?

Is that the video from SD card in p3s or video from phone? If it is the one from phone it is going to look crappy. You need to take the micro SD card out or plug the phantom into computer and pull off. It definitely shouldn't look like that. What are you filming in? 1080?

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

Totally looks like what comes directly off DJI Go app. I would do what others said above and download the SD card to the computer. That should give full HD. If downloading to a tablet or the iPhone, make sure the video is 720p or 1080p. From the go app, click on the video you want to download with the bird on and connected to the phone. When clipping, make sure original video button is on. This will download it to the app in full HD. Then push the download to device button after clipping is done, this should take a few minutes. That should clear it up. If it was 2.7k or 4K video, you have to download from the SD card to the computer to get the full res. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Drone Master
OK, you Nickster and mikep2323, I wanted him tell us, then if said off the GoApp, then we tell him he needs to take it off the card. You guys are taking the drama out of it. :D

Thanks for the input. We tried downloading the video via phone and the SD card with an adapter. You can actually see the distortion (proper terminology?) on the phone when recording it.

Thanks for the input. We tried downloading the video via phone and the SD card with an adapter. You can actually see the distortion (proper terminology?) on the phone when recording it.
Ok, Next question,
#1 "downloading the video via phone", To What?
#2 "SD card with an adapter" To What?

"You can actually see the distortion (proper terminology?) on the phone when recording it."

Yes, that seems like you are seeing the quality that would be sent back to your mobile device.
What should be saved on the SD Card, way better!

Are you downloading the video clips from the SD card by removing the card from the Phantom then inserting it into a computer / laptop ?
or
Are you downloading the video clips from the USB connection just above the camera on the Phantom which should appear as a external type drive on a PC.
or
????
We got's to know...
:)

Rod

Video:

This video is a cached version that is stored on your phone/table when you're flying. I.e., the video signal you were watching while you were flying is stored locally on the phone. The quality of this type of video is very low and it should only be used for monitoring purposes, not for actual video production work.

What you want to do is to:

1) Either remove the MicroSD card that is on the drone camera, or gimbal (depending on your drone model), or connect the drone to your computer via a USB cable. If you don't know where the microsd card slot is or where the USB cable port is, read the quick reference manual of the drone, it will explain where both are located.

2) Buy a microsd adapter / card reader (if you don't have one, these are really cheap) and use that to read the contents of the microsd card on your computer. It will show on your computer as an external drive.

3) You'll find a high quality version of the same footage inside the card. Use that for editing / production purposes in your video editing software of choice.

That's it ! Basically, never use the footage shown inside the DJI GO App ("Editor" menu) for any video production work, only if you're trying to do a quick share to social media (instagram, facebook,etc.) and you're really not too concerned with the image quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.