Video Freeze

Reaction score
I have a Vision 2+ used with a Samsung 4S using 1.04v software I am getting screen freeze when flying weather I am recording or not. Is there a way to rectify this so I get fluid video stream. Thank you in advanced.

Try a lower Preview Quality - in the Vision App, under settings. Choose a lower-quality setting for your preview. The new default - 640x480, 30fps - is too much for the typical Vision Wi-Fi connection. I believe this setting was added for the new Vision Plus, with its improved Wi-Fi antennas.

If that fixes it, it will be a first. I tried that, rebinding, re downloading the application and nothing resolved it. It was the same on different iOS devices. On first start-up of the day it works for about 5 minutes and then you get a frozen B &W last image. After that you can reboot till the cows come home without any change until it has sat for an hour or so snd then it repeats the problem after about 5 minutes of feed. I wrote DJI and got this response...."Dear Sir, Sorry for the inconvenience. We will constantly working to improve our business and service. A lot of abnormal operation and the environment will affect the drone. DJI products quality is reliable, so would worry too much on about gimbal." The gimbal and telemetry works fine. It is the video feed that freezes. This is pathetic customer service. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone

Also make sure the Wi-Fi repeater (the flat side) is pointing at the vision.

It was pointed at the Vision per the operating instructions and even when located within 2 feet of the Vision it had no effect on the video freezing issue. Also, as I mentioned in my post and documented by others, the gimbal continues to function along with the telemetry feed and changing preview options to the lowest level had no effect. The problem does not generate a "lost connection" which you might expect at distances if the entenna was not pointed at the Vision. It is a problem with the equipment and well known by DJI and documented in all the forums and in the reviews of the Vision Application on the Apple Aps Store. Six months without even an acknowlegement by DJI. If it were as simple as having the repeater pointed at the Vision, the issue would have gone away months ago. I wish it were that simple and I suspect DJI would to. But thanks for your post.

Journey said:
It was pointed at the Vision per the operating instructions and even when located within 2 feet of the Vision it had no effect on the video freezing issue. Also, as I mentioned in my post and documented by others, the gimbal continues to function along with the telemetry feed and changing preview options to the lowest level had no effect. The problem does not generate a "lost connection" which you might expect at distances if the entenna was not pointed at the Vision. It is a problem with the equipment and well known by DJI and documented in all the forums and in the reviews of the Vision Application on the Apple Aps Store. Six months without even an acknowlegement by DJI. If it were as simple as having the repeater pointed at the Vision, the issue would have gone away months ago. I wish it were that simple and I suspect DJI would to. But thanks for your post.

I'm getting the same problem since updating to the latest version of the android app. rather annoying considering i'm getting all the telemetry info!. sometimes i cant reconnect till i power cycle? must be a software problem.... awaiting a new update with baited breath!!

Yep. I was told by a dealer that many are having the problem and an update/fix to the Vision software will be the only fix. Since I just got mine and don't know how long it will be, I returned it. Kind of worthless without a camera. I am going to buy some time and see if the next version fixes anything or creates a whole bunch of new problems. I don't have a lot of confidence in DJI corp that won't even acknowledge the problem. Email corp and raise a stink. Thanks for your post.

Update. Response from DJI. This is the closest he came to saying he knew about the problem.

"For the Printed cicuit board, I would say it is more like a wifi RF component which can strengthen the camera video signal transfer. We will upgrade the wifi board for free if that is the problem causing the VIDEO FEED issue.

Thanks again for the details and we have list the issue as highest priority. We tech-support will identify the issue under the help of customer`s description. If the decription points to the wifi solution, we will guide the customer to send the phantom back to the local dealer or nearest DJI repair center for upgrading."

Houston, we have a problem here.

I just downgraded to 1.0.37 android off droneslinger and got fpv back straight away. It even let me reupgrade to 1.0.52 with fpv???

I also am having this EXACT same issue. I've updated everything.

Never have I had any issues other than this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic