Video format question

Reaction score
OK, here's the deal; P3S shooting video in mp4 at 2.7K. It will play on my desktop PC (Windows 7), my cheesy little Windows 10 tablet and my Windows 10 laptop. But, it won't play on my Vizio TV from a USB drive. Says video format not supported or something similar. I should mention that all the other devices played from the flash drive. I can't find any info in the TV manual other than it supports "MP3, jpg, etc.". I'll try to shoot another one at 1080 to see if that works. It's a 4K TV so I figured it would handle 2.7K. Am I missing something? Anyone else have a similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My guess is that the tv is telling you it doesn't support MP4.
Try setting the Phantom video to MOV, and see if that will play

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have a similar problem on my Mac. It won't play the videos but my i5 Windows machine will

Reactions: EddieM
My guess is that the tv is telling you it doesn't support MP4.
Try setting the Phantom video to MOV, and see if that will play

That was my thought. I fired everything up, switched to 1080/.mp4 and just ran a short video and it played on the TV! So, next is to try 2.7K in MOV format and see if that works. Right now though, it looks like I'll only be able to see the hi-res stuff on the computer.

Thanks!

Can you keep us posted if you get the 2.7 k to play on tv? I have the same problem on my samsung 4k tv.

That was my thought. I fired everything up, switched to 1080/.mp4 and just ran a short video and it played on the TV! So, next is to try 2.7K in MOV format and see if that works. Right now though, it looks like I'll only be able to see the hi-res stuff on the computer.

Thanks!

Well that surprises me.
I want thinking that it was a 2.7k vs 1080 resolution issue, I was thinking it was a MP4 format issue.
If the tv played your 1080 MP4, I'm puzzled as to why it wouldn't play the 2.7k MP4.

Yeah, I'm puzzled. I'm going to try several different ways, hopefully today to see what comes up. The TV upconverts HD (Blu-Ray) to near UHD so you'd think it would take the higher resolution 2.7 video just as well. Onward! [emoji38]

OK, here's the latest. I shot 6 short videos; two each at 2.7K, 1080P and 720P. One of each set was shot using .mov and one using .mp4. I transferred the videos to a USB drive and plugged that into the TV. The .mov files didn't even show so that's a non-starter. The 720P and 1080P files played fine. The 2.7K file said "Video format not supported". So, unless I have a particular need for the higher resolution file, I'll just shoot in 1080P. Now, if I could get my hands on a short 4K clip to see if that would play...

Thanks for following along!

To me (not an expert at anything) 2.7k doesn't seem to be a format. It's a resolution.
I flummoxed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl