Video footage lost on sd card

Reaction score
i took some video footage yesterday of a couple. The first session I took about 8 video clips and the flight log shows that approximately 8 min of video was taken. I then changed batteries and took about 13 video clips in the second session which amounts to 15 min of video.
Only the last 9 clips is visible on the SD card, all the other video clips are gone. I have tried recovery on the disk and all the old deleted files are recovered but nothing of the other files I recorded yesterday are recovered. The flight log shows thumbnales of the files that were recorded.
The version of Dji Go is ver 2.8.3 and the firmware version on the drone is v1.8.80.
Anyone experienced this and please advice if it is possible to recover the footage and how.

What is the capacity of your card, and was it maxed out? I use a 64Gig card and have never come close to maxing mine out but I have wondered if there is some on screen warning that comes up in the GoApp that lets you know if you are approaching the capacity limit on the card.
I know there is a setting in the app to delete cashed video on the tablet or phone once it reaches a certain size but not sure if it would affect the SD card.

What is the capacity of your card, and was it maxed out? I use a 64Gig card and have never come close to maxing mine out but I have wondered if there is some on screen warning that comes up in the GoApp that lets you know if you are approaching the capacity limit on the card.
I know there is a setting in the app to delete cashed video on the tablet or phone once it reaches a certain size but not sure if it would affect the SD card.
I would like to know the answer to that, I was thinking the exact same thing. Will the GO App tell you when the SD car was almost full or not?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would like to know the answer to that, I was thinking the exact same thing. Will the GO App tell you when the SD car was almost full or not?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I use a 16gb card and I deleted the old files before I did the shoot. I had 14gb available before the shoot. I was recording the video in the MP4 format.

You get a small message in the upper right of the screen (on iOS) that "SD Card is Full".
IMG_0101.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20