Video file sizes greater than 2GB help

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a single .mov file that was recorded on my P3P this morning and it is 2.45GB in size. It won't play in Quicktime or Final Cut Pro, however will play in the VLC player. I am on a Macbook Pro

Is there some issue or way around large files? I recorded two other videos during the same session, both <1GB and they play fine.

Thanks for any help

Nick

Both Quicktime and FCPX play and the latter will happily edit my P3P 4K footage. I wonder if your problem is RAM. You'll need plenty to handle 4K files satisfactorily. When you play it in VLC is it smooth or horribly jerky?

Is it because of .mov? I can playback/edit over 6GB 4K .mp4 on Mac.

Also if the size is problem, Avidemux is useful to cut without loss of quality (non reencode thus quick). I use it for rough edit before Premiere, to throw away useless part. You can also use it for dividing <2GB clips (I don't know if there's a gap between clips, however).

Thanks Alan, I've got 16GB of RAM and an i7 CPU so the playback in all players when it works is silky smooth

What type of video card you have? I have 32 Ram and i7-4770 cpu with NVidia GeForce GTX 970 and when I play 4k video on quicktime its still a little choppy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj