Video file is corrupted

Reaction score
Hi to all,
After update my P3P with the new 1.3.20 firmware i took it for a spin, when i returned home i played the video file and after 2 minutes of video file is corrupted, video file has 12 minutes only 2 are watchable.
Does anyone know why?
SD card is new and was working nice
Is it possible to recover the file?
Tks guys

Reactions: jeff305
Was the phantom powered down before you pressed the stop button? You may have not given the phantom enough time to finalise the vid.
Insert SD Card back in and power the up the phantom and let it finalise the vid.
The other could be that you are using a fake SD card (4 hacked into a 32gig etc).

Reactions: LowRider
Hi @LowRider! it seems I have the same issue. I went yesterday for a 18min fly with my P3 pro. and I recorder a 10 min timelapse. Only the first 2 minutes are ok, then with Quicktime player I have a freeze frame fro all the 8 remaining minutes, and on my editing software (Final Cut pro X) I have a black screen on the 8 remaining minutes... And of course, I stopped the video recording before shutting down the Phantom.
How can you describe your "unwatchable" video?

I have a similar issue where I press record and it will record for a minute or 2 and then stop recording by itself. Not sure why I cannot record longer than 2 minutes. I reformatted the 128 gig SD card and was going to try again today but it is too windy here.

Reactions: jeff305
Hi @LowRider! it seems I have the same issue. I went yesterday for a 18min fly with my P3 pro. and I recorder a 10 min timelapse. Only the first 2 minutes are ok, then with Quicktime player I have a freeze frame fro all the 8 remaining minutes, and on my editing software (Final Cut pro X) I have a black screen on the 8 remaining minutes... And of course, I stopped the video recording before shutting down the Phantom.
How can you describe your "unwatchable" video?

I am having the same problem with a video I shot for a client. Did you ever figure how to fix the video or view it? Thanks.

Hi to all,
After update my P3P with the new 1.3.20 firmware i took it for a spin, when i returned home i played the video file and after 2 minutes of video file is corrupted, video file has 12 minutes only 2 are watchable.
Does anyone know why?
Tks guys

I am having the same problem with a video I shot for a client. Did you ever figure how to fix the video or view it? Thanks.

Hi @inakipl I don't think there is a way to fix the video. I record videos of 5min maximum lenght now and I don't have any issue of this type for now... Maybe a firmware issue, I will update my Aircraft and do a new 15min test in the next days.

I have a similar issue where I press record and it will record for a minute or 2 and then stop recording by itself. Not sure why I cannot record longer than 2 minutes. I reformatted the 128 gig SD card and was going to try again today but it is too windy here.

Micro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

Quoted above from the P3P specs. So I would not be using a 128 gig card.
Also make sure it is the fastest type available, 4K video needs the best write speeds.
A slow card will cause recording to stop or become corrupt.

Hi to all,
Does anyone know why?
Tks guys
I think that it can just happen. I got one corruption over 100 flights. The video freeze after 1-2 minute but all files size were correct (.MP4 files). I tried different client but none where able to show the remaining part.
I used Repairing Corrupt DJI Phantom or Inspire Video Files to recover the content of the file. It create a .H264 file that I was able to play and process.
You can also try recover_mp4_to_h264 1.19.

Same problem here, first time flying yesterday and my video was recording throughout the flight yet only 3mins was recorded. Odd. This is with a standard and 8gb card. Hope it's a firmware bug?

Took my P3P out for a spin last night. When I turned everything on, the DJI GO app prompted me to upgrade to. 1.3.20, LOL as I was already on this fw since a month ago. App refused to allow me to proceed until I accepted the upgrade. I decided to accept and the RC went thru the upgrade process.

After a successful upgrade I did the usual calibrations (IMU & Gimbal); everything was successful. Took my bird for a spin and recorded some videos. This evening I went flying again and took some pictures and some videos (finished 3 batteries).

Came home and downloaded my SDCARD. All file extensions was correct (JPEG & MOV). Tried opening the video and jpeg and none of them is readable. My PC says that the files are corrupt!!!

FW issue or am I getting something wrong here?
Did anyone else get a DJI GO prompt to update the RC and start having this issue?

Hi @inakipl I don't think there is a way to fix the video. I record videos of 5min maximum lenght now and I don't have any issue of this type for now... Maybe a firmware issue, I will update my Aircraft and do a new 15min test in the next days.

I also try to frequently close out a video file and start a new one while flying. Much nicer to have smaller video sizes, and reading about the potential for corrupted files gives me more motivation to keep doing so.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic