Video feed won't work on my P3s unless mobile data is switched off

Reaction score
Basically as the title says, it will connect, but to get the video feed working I have to turn mobile (cell) data off on my Moto g4 plus phone. Is this the norm?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using PhantomPilots mobile app

The P3S works on wifi only. Stick it on aeroplane mode and give that a try. Moto g4 is close to my other favourite pastime. Not sure if that device is on the list of recommended devices.

Last edited:
With Android 7, if the phone connects to a WiFi source without Internet connectivity, it switches back to the cell network. The work around is to do what you did, switch the mobile connection off first.

if the phone connects to a WiFi source without Internet connectivity, it switches back to the cell network.

This is a selectable option in my Android 6 phone. I can't imagine that the option would have been taken away in nougat?

It was also a vendor specific setting. I know that Samsung has it, I don't know about any other brands.. Phones running stock Android (like my Nexus 6P) don't have the Smart Network Switch option.

The P3S works on wifi only. Stick it on aeroplane mode and give that a try. Moto g4 is close to my other favourite pastime. Not sure if that device is on the list of recommended devices.
I use both a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) and a Moto G3 (16G) and they both work great with the DJI GO and Litchi. I usually use the Samsung though as the screen is brighter in the sun.

I use both a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) and a Moto G3 (16G) and they both work great with the DJI GO and Litchi. I usually use the Samsung though as the screen is brighter in the sun.
No worries, had a quick look at the list and didn't see the OPs device, then again I have only ever used overpriced apple products due to the network challenges down my way.

Looks like it's a device and Android-specific issue. On my Mi Max running Android 7.1, I can't even connect to the P3S on WiFi if I have mobile data enabled. The Camera button is greyed out and the drone status is shown as disconnected. Android complains that the drone WiFi access point doesn't have Internet access (duh!), but then it's possible that all network data gets routed through mobile data, hence the drone not connecting.

Turning off mobile data fixes everything. I wonder if iOS devices have the same issue.

"Android complains that the drone WiFi access point doesn't have Internet access (duh!),"

That's normal .... ignore it.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4