Video Feed v SD card recording

Reaction score
As I do not have a lap top that can handle 4 k video's I use the video feed from my P3P to my tablet (Ipad mini) to upload my 4k videos to Vimeo/ youtube. If I invest in a 4k lap top will the 4k videos from the P3P SD card be of better quality or the same as the video from the video feed?

The video feed (downlink) from your P3P to your tablet is poor quality. Video recorded on the SD card is far superior.

4K right now is for the most part.. kinda pointless. Not saying to not shoot in 4k but reality is - unless you have a computer to handle 4k - how will you benefit?

Also keep in mind that MANY users get bored with the whole "press record, fire up motors, take off, fly around in circles for 10 minutes, land, turn off motors, press record (off)" motion. So at little bit of effort on editing goes a long way!

Things to think about -

Do YOU have the ability to watch 4k? TV, Laptop, Tablet, Phone, ect.

Do YOU have a computer able to handle 4k video files/editing?

Do YOU have enough storage space to store those large 4k Video files?

Do the masses in the world have a computer able to stream 4k from youtube?

Do the masses in the world have the bandwidth to stream 4k from youtube?

Right now 4k is much like buying a ocean front property in the mountains! It'll be great once the world catches up!

I have a macbook that can handle up to 5k! 4K is handled like a champ. However most my footage is shot in 1080 for the time being. But at times I do mix it up with 2.7k :)

Hope that helps!

I prefer to shoot 4K and output to HD. 4K input allows me to fix the usual ~1° tilted horizon much better than HD. (We still have an ancient 28" tube TV and our computer monitors aren't 4K either).

I use an old 2009 Mac mini (2,66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) which works OK with Final Cut Pro if I optimize media to ProRes 422. I've exported some projects as 4K and it works too but takes some time (my edited output is max 4 minutes). My son's MacBook Pro is MUCH faster though.

Thanks guys [emoji108]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

In 1967 RCA made a tv with 28 tubes. Took 10 minutes to get a
Picture. They were so hot u could roast a chicken in them

Reactions: Meta4
As I do not have a lap top that can handle 4 k video's I use the video feed from my P3P to my tablet (Ipad mini) to upload my 4k videos to Vimeo/ youtube.

Just a quick question: you do realize that you do not have to shoot 4K to your SD card, yes? You can set the resolution to shoot at a much more manageable resolution, like 1080. Worry about getting a 4K laptop later, learn to shoot video at 1080 today.

Reactions: Droneted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav