Video feed keeps freezing

Sorry but I am 99% sure that the new camera and gimbal will NOT solve your problem. I dont have stock gimbal or the camera, I have connected the cables inside to get FPV from GoPro and I still have the same problem. So I think that we can rule out camera&gimbal as a problem.

I have had it working the whole time 2 times so everything is connected properly but most of the time it freezes. Someone with a knowledge should see if he can find what the problem is.

Reactions: Palliz
Sorry but I am 99% sure that the new camera and gimbal will NOT solve your problem. I dont have stock gimbal or the camera, I have connected the cables inside to get FPV from GoPro and I still have the same problem. So I think that we can rule out camera&gimbal as a problem.

I have had it working the whole time 2 times so everything is connected properly but most of the time it freezes. Someone with a knowledge should see if he can find what the problem is.

I dont. I was using it on Android and DJI Vision app. Then I bought FPV Booster app and there I have just put 6th channel to use, no booster or anything. Even though I see that this booster only scans for other WiFi networks or something so it should not put any heat on the WiFi module. But as I say, I havent used it and think that I will not.

Yeah possibly not but I needed to replace the one that got trashed when it dropped from 60' so had to get one anyway.
OK - just something to think about nothing more......this morning I downloaded the Lichi app for P2V+ & wouldn't you know it my screen is working perfectly. What a great app too! Has everything you need - Includes Focus, POI, Panorama, Orbit, Follow me, Ground Station/Waypoints, Virtual Reality mode, Flight Logs and more! Its free in Play Store!
So now gonna go test it in the field..........excited!

How did you know that it was bad from the crash ? Worked fine before that or ?

Too bad that there is no Litchi for iPhone, especially now when it is free :mad:

See if it will work with that app without freezes ?

How did you know that it was bad from the crash ? Worked fine before that or ?

Too bad that there is no Litchi for iPhone, especially now when it is free :mad:

See if it will work with that app without freezes ?

The P2V+ legs snapped on impact & the camera went up into the gimbal - broke off the arm & ribbon etc etc TOTALLED! And yes everything worked perfect before the crash. I'll let you know if it all works out with the Litch app but i have to say I've never flown with anything other than the DJI App.
I do have the FPV V3 Booster app installed but with it on or off that made no difference to the camera at all. Either way it made no difference.

Last edited:
Hm, I cannot see how wifi module could go bad because of the crash, mostly the legs and gimbal&camera break in those cases. Keep us posted when you get it to work like it should.

FPV Booster is for Vision+ and for 2.4 GHz signal, since it should increase FPV range, NOT the RC range.

Hm, I cannot see how wifi module could go bad because of the crash, mostly the legs and gimbal&camera break in those cases. Keep us posted when you get it to work like it should.

FPV Booster is for Vision+ and for 2.4 GHz signal, since it should increase FPV range, NOT the RC range.

Oh yeah my mistake - 2.4Ghz you're right - doh. Anyway boosted or not made no difference. I have Itelite panel fitted AND Sunhans Sh24bta-n 3000mw Wireless Signal Repeater 35dbm Wifi Booster 3w Amplifer I've limited my distance to 8000' & well let's say I have also limited Altitude to 6000' as it takes too long to descend before battery drains too low to recover.........!

Litchi App works like a dream with loads more goodies to play with. Even has an onboard camera boost - screen is clean & bright as it used to be. Only problem I am having with it is that I fly in NAZA mode but the Litchi App seems to only have ATTI or GPS mode........waiting to see if the Litchi Site can help me with info on this.

Wait a sec, it works with old parts or with new parts ? Does FPV Booster app work ?

Wait a sec, it works with old parts or with new parts ? Does FPV Booster app work ?
YES! Works good as new with the same old parts - And been working out in my head that I need to put the Litchi App into GPS mode because I no longer need IOS as the App has everything covered & then some! Don't need FPV Booster anymore either as it has built in booster in the App too!!!!!!

Wow that is great news ! Would you be so kind and try once more with FPV Booster app on iPhone ? Coz I have that app and I have only iOS devices so I want to know is it really possible that Litchi on Android works with no problems and that FPV Booster on iOS does not.

Wow that is great news ! Would you be so kind and try once more with FPV Booster app on iPhone ? Coz I have that app and I have only iOS devices so I want to know is it really possible that Litchi on Android works with no problems and that FPV Booster on iOS does not.

Sorry - jumped the gun I'm afraid. Went out this morning powered up did the usual & went into Litchi app to fly & see if I could initiate GPS in NAZA mode - Presto got my satellites & went straight into GPS no problem. Which means I have full NAZA with IOC etc ( very happy ) Unfortunately as I was flying my screen went like blue pixelated & I threw it into Home lock pulled back on stick & brought it home. So still have camera problem!
I'm sorry my friend but I have Android only & it does work with the FPV Booster but I decided not to use it as Litchi has a built in booster that works fine. So I cannot say if it will wok for iOS.
Either way if I were you I'd get the Litchi App it is well worth paying for it
Now gotta work out why the screen doesn't go plain BLACK it just pixelates in blue????????????????

Litchi is free for Vision+ now.

If you find out if it works with new parts let us know. Sorry to hear that it does not work again. But that is the way that our chinese junk toys are working.

Update:
Well I got the new module in today. I promptly installed the new unit and what do you know, nothing has changed. I'm at a complete loss now as to what could be causing this intermittent loss of signal. I have run out of ideas. I tried the new module on two different range extenders just to be sure. One of the extenders is almost brand new. I'm really aggravated that this kind of issue shows up right after the warranty expires as well.

WTH !?!? Thats insane man ! Ask those guys in DJI support what else you should try. I mean that is a disgrace for them, almost 50% of all Vision+ are not working right.

Really sorry to hear that, I am really interested to find out what the problem is. Maybe low memory on the phone or something ? Maybe try to exchane whose WIFI antennas ? I mean there is nothing else to try regarding that part of the connection.

WTH !?!? Thats insane man ! Ask those guys in DJI support what else you should try. I mean that is a disgrace for them, almost 50% of all Vision+ are not working right.

Really sorry to hear that, I am really interested to find out what the problem is. Maybe low memory on the phone or something ? Maybe try to exchane whose WIFI antennas ? I mean there is nothing else to try regarding that part of the connection.

It has become a little maddening. I've swapped out the antennas once already but I guess I could try it again. The camera should have anything to do with loss of signal right?

Litchi is free for Vision+ now.

If you find out if it works with new parts let us know. Sorry to hear that it does not work again. But that is the way that our chinese junk toys are working.

Didn't want to give up just yet so I just flew 4 batteries in Litchi App I had FPV resolution at lowest & didn't lose any screen.Don't understand why after boosting the 2.4Ghz ( I have Itelite panel fitted AND Sunhans Sh24bta-n 3000mw Wireless Signal Repeater 35dbm Wifi Booster 3w Amplifer to make sure I can get decent resolution) but........hey at least it is working now - When I get the new camera & gimbal I will fit & check to see if it is better resolution, it's on its way so may as well. I'll let you know but the important thing is that in Litchi app my P2V+ now works at FPV resolution 320x240 15fps.
Someone mentioned if I was using any booster amp to enhance fpv resolution & I'm wondering if the whole problem stems from using too much booster power to the 2.4Ghz system that it needs to be regulated perhaps?
I still believe this will be a recurring/intermittent problem & until I have done several more flights over the next few days I will still be wary of it working 100%..........I stop breathing every time the screen is booting up I think ............lol

Reactions: Karanba
Update:
Well I got the new module in today. I promptly installed the new unit and what do you know, nothing has changed. I'm at a complete loss now as to what could be causing this intermittent loss of signal. I have run out of ideas. I tried the new module on two different range extenders just to be sure. One of the extenders is almost brand new. I'm really aggravated that this kind of issue shows up right after the warranty expires as well.

Been looking over your problem - could it be that the camera/gimbal ribbon is damaged somehow? I was waiting to see if the new WiFi module would make a difference but obviously it didn't. Sorry to hear that man - you must be frustrated as hell - I would be & truly have been with my own P2V+ problems.
Like Karanba says:-
"Ask those guys in DJI support what else you should try. I mean that is a disgrace for them, almost 50% of all Vision+ are not working right."
Best of luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.