Video feed from Pilot App starts getting laggy, then pretty much freezes..

Reaction score
Hi peoples!

I've done a quick search in the forum to see if this has been posted before but didn't see a thread specifically relevant - probably could have searched a little more thoroughly though, so my apologies if this has been addressed in a previous thread ;)

I've been flying my P3 regularly without incident or issue over the last few weeks since I got it, but today something happened with the video feed/pilot app that worries me - especially when you consider that I am usually pushing the extreme limits of the factory/out of the box set up most flights.

Today though, I had my pilot app/video feed act up - and I'm not sure to what extent this was...

It started with the video feed getting laggy... stuttery frames.... then freezing for a second or two. Then within approx 5mins of the problem beginning to manifest, it had progressed to the point where it was pretty much completely frozen on what was the final image, which didn't change and I assume was completely frozen, as I landed it and switched the whole thing off before things went from bad to worse.

I'm using a Lenovo tab for my app/feed (Android) - It was a fairly cheap ($99 at JB HiFi) model... in case this matters...

Everything else is factory out of the box standard... haven't upgraded the firmware from what was installed as factory/out of box due to the concerns with the possibly faulty firmware version update.

Can anyone shed some light??

To me it sounds like a standard tablet overheating situation. There are countless threads on it, so just search for overheating and you should find plenty to read about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
Just to give the thread a conclusion so it may disappear into the sunset never to return again....

The problem seems to be solved, or at least no longer there. I can't say for sure that it was due to the tablet being a bit warm - I didn't really pay attention to that at the time and it didn't feel noticably hot enough for me to consider it at the time of course, but there's a fair chance that was the problem, because I also have the same tablet mounted on a windscreen/dash mount (like a GPS does) and I had litterally yanked it off the mount barely a minute or two before plugging it in to the phantom's transmitter, fresh off the hot dashboard and full sun!

I've flown it about 5 times in the last 24hrs and the problem described in the OP has not re-occurred.
Happy days I guess! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan