Video Feed Freezing - Any one else get this?

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded my tablet to a recommended one on DJI's list I have had the app freeze up on video input and not display a streaming video. For example, when I was at wheel of misfortune; I'm doing a circle above it looking down and next thing I know is I'm "not" moving. Its only showing the ground in the video however my flight data is still coming in and I was able to fly back "blind" with it still only showing where I last was on video. It doesn't show on my recordings and the only way to fix it is to restart the app which I'm afraid to do when my phantom is flying. This has happened a number of times since my tablet upgrade and never had it happen before.

I also get randomly where my drone stops recording by itself and experienced this with my older tablet too but research insist that my SD card isn't good enough to keep up with the data being written to it.

I use to have an Amazon Kindle Fire 8" with no problems, now I have an Nvidia Shield running android ver 6.0. Didn't upgrade to 7.0 because I read of a lot of people having problems with the new firmware.

my sd card is a SanDisk Ultra 128GB class 10 MicroSdXC I

if anyone could help me out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

I used a Samsung SM-T700 with my P3P and it did this time to time. Each time I would do a factory reset on the tablet and it'd be good again. Other thing I did was start using Litchi. Found it to be more stable and feature rich than the DJI software.

Reactions: CrazyEye
I used a Samsung SM-T700 with my P3P and it did this time to time. Each time I would do a factory reset on the tablet and it'd be good again. Other thing I did was start using Litchi. Found it to be more stable and feature rich than the DJI software.
I see.. I have the litchi app but refuse to use it only because it will void the warranty if a crash occurred due to an issue in the drone (loss of power, compass/gps failure) . I honestly love the app but DJI insist on using their app which was really why I got the Nvidia to condone to the recommended hardware so DJI can't point their finger at me. Glad to see that I'm not the only person and it happened on different hardware.

Sorry any solution to this today i was doing a video of cars and got freezes 2 times was too far to see where is the drone and have to use go home button . second time happens when i was just taking off. I land and restart the app but what if i be too far is there any solution or anything. Im using an android phone but will try an new apple iPhone and will see if it happens but with android it seems to doing it every-time i fly

Sorry any solution to this today i was doing a video of cars and got freezes 2 times was too far to see where is the drone and have to use go home button . second time happens when i was just taking off. I land and restart the app but what if i be too far is there any solution or anything. Im using an android phone but will try an new apple iPhone and will see if it happens but with android it seems to doing it every-time i fly
Matthew, there are plenty of pilots using android phones, however, not all are capable of running the app. One of the most helpful resources to me when I first started out was this forum and phantomhelp.com. Mike Singer runs that site and maintains a wealth of how to articles and videos, including a list of compatible phones and detailed instructions how to optimize them. Here's a link to help you get started. Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) - Phantom Help

I have this freeze occasionally ….. but RTH will kick in if control signal is lost … if not - then you can still hit the button on your controller to RTH.

As regards :

"I have the litchi app but refuse to use it only because it will void the warranty if a crash occurred "

That is actually not true. Litchi is developed using DJI SDK and is in compliance with it. DJI cannot in good faith use Litchi as an excuse to get out of obligations.

Nigel

I use a Samsung SM-T320 Galaxy Tab Pro (8.4"). It is not one of the recommended devices, but it has a 2.1GHz processor and has plenty of horse power to run the DJI GO app (3.1.22, I believe). Haven't experienced this. I have Airdata, GO, Maps and that about all that's installed, airplane mode when flying. This tablet is dedicated to my flying only. Display is nice and bright; enough to see in noon sunlight here in Las Vegas (much better in the shade, of course).

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 does that Occasionally so i dont bother using it. My S8 phone never has any video glitches. And surprisingly, my old Galaxy note 8.0 tablet works perfectly. My brother inlaw also has a P3P and his TabE gives him video grief as well but his phone is great. I think some devices just don't play well together .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20