Video Feed Cuts Out at 50'

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's what I have:
Phantom 2
Futaba T8FG
Flysight Monitor
GoPro 3

I bought this used and it was already set up. I know very little about these but have learned to calibrate compass, fly, take video. On the monitor, the screen gets fuzzy and I lose the feed once the copter gets about 50' away. I'd appreciate any advice on extending this range. Attached is a photo of how the antennae are setup. Thanks in advance.

Taurus

Attachments

• P2.JPG
    P2.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 513
Welcome to the forum TaurusM :)
Not familiar with your TX but are you keeping your antenna pointed at The bird ?
Does it have a preview quality that might be set to high ?
Again I'm not familiar with what you have but sure someone here is and can help ya !

Thanks for the reply. I keep the antenna pointed towards the copter. Here's a close up of the antenna setup (I keep the tx on the phantom pointed down when flying).

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 503
Me stupid when it comes to those but don't ya have em backwards ?
TX = controller
RX = quad
I mean I don't know if it matters with those but :?

Make sure you are on the correct band and channel on the monitor and that it corresponds with the TX. Just for clarification, the TX is on the Phantom and the RX is on the Controller/screen.

Maybe I'm off, but these are clover antennas and work best from a side orientation rather than directly pointed at each other....

Thanks for the replys. I have the Tx on the phantom and the Rx on the monitor. I believe the channel is correct because it is clear when the phantom is close and doesn't get fuzzy until about 50' away. Anything else I could try?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl