Video evidence of power failure?

Reaction score
He guys,

I posted last week here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16271 Now I'm starting to think this was power failure issue because it happened once before

[Update] I never recovered the P2 out of the bay :x ... BUT I did recall a similar incident 3 weeks prior and I did find the video evidence of doing the same thing it did over water last week. Yes the battery was fully charged and this was 3 minutes into flight.

Here is the video/audio of the power failure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3cYDw6 ... e=youtu.be

What are your thoughts? Do I have a case with DJI for replacement?

Video evidence always helps. Unless you throttled down straight into the ground, I'd agree you have a good case here. Interesting that it just dropped flat like that, the quad seemed to be maintaining attitude (hard to tell with the gimbal doing its job well), motors armed and running throughout the crash.

Have you contacted your dealer? I'd start with them before going to DJI support, those guys seem to be quite swamped in the backlog.

ElGuano said:
Video evidence always helps. Unless you throttled down straight into the ground, I'd agree you have a good case here. Interesting that it just dropped flat like that, the quad seemed to be maintaining attitude (hard to tell with the gimbal doing its job well), motors armed and running throughout the crash.

Have you contacted your dealer? I'd start with them before going to DJI support, those guys seem to be quite swamped in the backlog.

No I was going full throttle up the moment I realized I was descending quickly. I bought it on AMZN as Amazon, LLC the seller.

TodayTrader said:
ElGuano said:

No I was going full throttle up the moment I realized I was descending quickly. I bought it on AMZN. You think I should contact that seller first?

The dealer is your first recourse. It could be Amazon just says "contact the manufacturer" but you might as well go that route first, and I'm sure you'll get a live body there much sooner than you could with the DJI support center.

I assume you were using a genuine DJI battery? Not the "Ttongr" clone?

ElGuano said:
TodayTrader said:
ElGuano said:

No I was going full throttle up the moment I realized I was descending quickly. I bought it on AMZN. You think I should contact that seller first?

The dealer is your first recourse. It could be Amazon just says "contact the manufacturer" but you might as well go that route first, and I'm sure you'll get a live body there much sooner than you could with the DJI support center.

Oh yes. I would never trust one of those orange things. I have written both DJI and the Amazon seller. let's see who gets back to me first. I really wish I had the water crash video, but in my mind, this is the next best thing.

TodayTrader said:
ElGuano said:

Oh yes. I would never trust one of those orange things. I have written both DJI and the Amazon seller. let's see who gets back to me first. I really wish I had the water crash video, but in my mind, this is the next best thing.

Video of an incident is more than most people have. Good luck!

By the way, in case anyone asks for it, it might be beneficial to queue up an unedited video of the entire flight if you have it, from takeoff to crash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20