Video editing

Reaction score
I am a first time drone buyer and wanted to know what will be the best an simplest video editor to use for a novice. I wanted something that is simple and easy to use, that will be compatible with the Mavic and my apple products?

Adobe is great software. Not super cheap, but not super expensive either. Premiere Elements is good for $100, or you can get the CC of that or Premiere Pro.

Is there something a little less expensive than $500?
Final Cut is only 299 and with holiday iTunes GC sales coming can be had for as little as 220. Considering the level of features this is as cheap as you are going to get for a full NLE editor. You get what you pay for.
Considering FCP 7 used to cost 5x more, this is well worth it.

I am very partial to Sony Vegas 2013 (one of the most popular video editing software), for a beginner it is very intuitive and there are TONS of how to vids on you tube to teach you just about everything. Great deals on Ebay. I purchased the Educational version (which is a full version) and it does not require any documentation.

This is also considered a higher end editing software. Paid around $250 retail version Amazon $379

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Creative-Software-Vegas-Pro/dp/B00JI540P4

I am a first time drone buyer and wanted to know what will be the best an simplest video editor to use for a novice. I wanted something that is simple and easy to use, that will be compatible with the Mavic and my apple products?
I have been using Windows Movie Maker. It's very basic and it's free. If you have Windows Essential on your computer you already have it. If not you can download it. It's quite easy to use in comparison to some of the others I've tried. It all depends on how sophisticated you want to be. Everybody who has seen my videos has been quite impressed. I would certainly give it a try, if you don't like it you can always un-install it.

Reactions: gunner370
I have been using Windows Movie Maker. It's very basic and it's free. If you have Windows Essential on your computer you already have it. If not you can download it. It's quite easy to use in comparison to some of the others I've tried. It all depends on how sophisticated you want to be. Everybody who has seen my videos has been quite impressed. I would certainly give it a try, if you don't like it you can always un-install it.
I used Windows Movie Maker after being a film student and getting to use Avid. There is no comparison. If you can't afford it then fine, but if you are spending the money on a fairly expensive hobby camera, then you might as well spend a little more and get real editing software.

For those in the beginner stages it is important to know that editing software is more than just a way to cut and paste clips together, the most important feature of any software is the ability to "Color Grade" as the unedited video out of these drones is typically no where near their potential when you include color grading.

There are many inexpensive software that drags and drops clips and renders into a project however for me color grading is the single most important tool, especially if your done is primarily a vehicle for video. With the right software all these so called advance editing features are not complicated especially with a popular software that has a lot of you tube support (how to).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.