Video Editing

Reaction score
I am primarily interested in stabilization and fisheye lens correction. I have an iMac. I have tried ProAdrenaline but for Mac it's only in a beta version and won't render an edited mp4. Adobe After Effects is great but enormously expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions otherwise for stabilization and fisheye correction?

swpenn said:
I am primarily interested in stabilization and fisheye lens correction. I have an iMac. I have tried ProAdrenaline but for Mac it's only in a beta version and won't render an edited mp4. Adobe After Effects is great but enormously expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions otherwise for stabilization and fisheye correction?

The best thing is a gimbal, stop the shaking in the first place.
Failing that I use Final Cut Pro X stabilisation but I have a gimbal as well.
Shoot on a medium field of view rather than wide.
I have but rarely use the crumplepop fisheye fixer for FCPX

I am using a Mac

I have but rarely use the crumplepop fisheye fixer/

Thanks so much, shrimpeye. Is crumplepop some kind of add-on or is that part of FCPX?

swpenn said:
I have but rarely use the crumplepop fisheye fixer/

Thanks so much, shrimpeye. Is crumplepop some kind of add-on or is that part of FCPX?

Its a paid addition from Crumplepop. I have not seen the other option linked above though. Well worth looking at first as its free :D

Ok, one more big question on FCPX. Sideways filming always involves some aircraft tilt. Will FCPX correct varying tilt angle? Thanks!

you must have the vision. and, yes, it will tilt, but much less if you are sliding downwind. Hence, the advice to go to atti mode and drift with wind.

but, best yet, the real answer is to get gimbal. and, if you want the best available vid quality, go with gopro, which means p2. fortunately for you, they JUST released the 3 axis gimbal for p2...the cat's meow.

I'm also interested in fisheye correction in Apple's walled garden, but my workflow is almost always only on an iPad. I've been able to find ios apps for fisheye correction in jpgs, but not video files.

Any iOS apps that offer video fisheye correction?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl