Video Editing Software

Reaction score
Looking for feedback on video editing software. Which are you guys/gals using? I have Filmora but wondering about others. I use a PC not a Mac.

Adobe Creative Suite... The best that I have ever worked with. Primarily Adobe Premiere; Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and lightbridge

I use pinnacle studio 19. $89 to $129, works good. I can usually edit 5 minutes of video out of my 16 min capture in about 1hr, with music.

Microsoft Movie Maker, it's free

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Final Cut Pro X on my MacBook Pro...still new to me and I'm a slow learner so if I can make it work, anyone can ;)

Reactions: Dralan and E.Rosas
Power Director 12, one time purchase since windows 7 for me. I've had many and they all work for years for the one time price. Download it, write down the product key, save PD and the product key to an external and keep it for years. Keep the updates as well but once you get it and you don't need any more because everything works perfect, disable auto update and just enjoy it.
They're selling pd 14 now - PowerDirector 14 Ultimate

On I think power director 5, they actually updated it to not work after a few years, so I completely uninstalled it and all of the updates and then just reinstalled it by itself and it worked fine until eventually pc's got too fast for it to work. Then I bought pd 8 and now 12 for hd because hd was a thing of the future when 8 came out :) Audio mixing and everything else is simple but you want at least 8gigs of ram for a fast run. Producing a 5 minute simple movie takes less than 5 minutes but if you use a lot of slow motion, special effects and enhancements it could take 15 minutes. Still it's fast and works great. Back in the day around 2006, I would set it up to produce at night and when I woke up, it might be done, so the more ram, the faster and there's no comparison between back then and now. Here's one of my movies. I matched the sound of the waves to the P3A footage easily.

Last edited:
You cant beat windows movie maker for a freebie clean interface simple to use, ive just started using adobe lightworks 5 for my mac and im very impressed with that especially for photo editing not tried it for video editing yet looks a little complicated!!

Reactions: deuter
You cant beat windows movie maker for a freebie clean interface simple to use, ive just started using adobe lightworks 5 for my mac and im very impressed with that especially for photo editing not tried it for video editing yet looks a little complicated!!
The Adobe Photoshop Express is awesome for photo editing. For videos you are absolutely spot on about Windows movie maker

The Adobe Photoshop Express is awesome for photo editing. For videos you are absolutely spot on about Windows movie maker

I've used Photoshop years ago when I was a graphic design student and its amazing but bloody expensive don't know Photoshop express but from what I've seen of Lightroom 5 I'm hugely impressed!!

Yes Adobe is great, but it costs $240/yr. Every year!
It used to cost me about $1900 every 2 years.

When we talk about Adobe at the high end, I remember this bird is a hobby one at the end of the day.

Some of the software I hear mentioned here could cause you more headaches than you realize and also can affect the quality of your final images.

You should use Photshop for editing stills.

Premiere or Avid Media Composer for editing video (tutorials all over to learn). This is also where you can add and tweak audio. Stretch or pull, or roll your video. Trim, etc.

After Effects for adding VFX to video (like a muzzle flash or a blue).

And you should be using Adobe Media Encoder for making your final deliverable.

You Adobe Boy's are ridiculous...
Say'in, "And you should be using Adobe..."blah blah blah
or "Adobe premiere cc are the best period !! Is not FOR luzers" blah blah blah...

Get a grip! you pay by the month, you bought it for doing a different job with a different camera... but at an extremely higher price then what is needed for what we are doing with a simple P3... There's plenty of great editor's out there that are free or a one time purchase that work perfect for what we are doing with our P3's. Adobe is ridiculously over kill for this. The term, "You get what you pay for" is very true but for most people, they won't use even ¼ of the functions on Adobe and there is no reason to use many of the functions for most personal or YouTube videos anyway. There's no, "should be using" for anyone here and there are no "Luzers" that refuse to use the overpriced Adobe bs...
The statement above, "Some of the software I hear mentioned here could cause you more headaches than you realize and also can affect the quality of your final images." is vague, false and misleading because different products work great for different formats or brands and if they have been matched for your system, they work great. If you're going to make a statement like that then start pointing fingers and explaining exactly what software it is that you are referring too and how long you have used it. Misleading people without stating facts is not an acceptable response.

I use Sony Vegas for anything longer than 1 or 2 min and Adobe for short clips. Sometime I utilize both but always do my final cut with Vegas.

And i use CyberLink PhotoDirector 8 Ultra. One of the best programs for video editing in 2017. But I also used Sony Vegas and was pleased.

You Adobe Boy's are ridiculous...
Say'in, "And you should be using Adobe..."blah blah blah
or "Adobe premiere cc are the best period !! Is not FOR luzers" blah blah blah...

Get a grip! you pay by the month, you bought it for doing a different job with a different camera... but at an extremely higher price then what is needed for what we are doing with a simple P3... There's plenty of great editor's out there that are free or a one time purchase that work perfect for what we are doing with our P3's. Adobe is ridiculously over kill for this. The term, "You get what you pay for" is very true but for most people, they won't use even ¼ of the functions on Adobe and there is no reason to use many of the functions for most personal or YouTube videos anyway. There's no, "should be using" for anyone here and there are no "Luzers" that refuse to use the overpriced Adobe bs...
The statement above, "Some of the software I hear mentioned here could cause you more headaches than you realize and also can affect the quality of your final images." is vague, false and misleading because different products work great for different formats or brands and if they have been matched for your system, they work great. If you're going to make a statement like that then start pointing fingers and explaining exactly what software it is that you are referring too and how long you have used it. Misleading people without stating facts is not an acceptable response.

What free editors do you suggest?

Reactions: chrismatthewssr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl