Video editing software

Reaction score
I have been making videos for some time now, using windows live movie maker. I was wondering if anyone could identify what software these videos were made with? I really love some of the features they use in them, I have tried to ask the OP but neither have gotten back to me. Everyone here is generally helpful, and I figure someone would have experience. Thank you in advance!

*following along*

What features are we talking about here? I don't necessarily see any "feature" that is special or specific to any single video editor...

Nice work. ;)

I'm just getting started in video editing but I think Adobe Premiere Pro can do at least most of this.

Movie maker can do those functions. Nothing out of the ordinary . Look at you tube videos Tudors on movie maker. Has a lot more functionality too.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 is the gold standard. Every other serious editor has features that are similar, but AP is the gold standard of which they all imitate. Final Cut Pro and DaVinci Resolve are close 2nds.

Reactions: BigAl07
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 is the gold standard. Every other serious editor has features that are similar, but AP is the gold standard of which they all imitate. Final Cut Pro and DaVinci Resolve are close 2nds.

Well that kind of stinks it's a subscription.

Well that kind of stinks it's a subscription.

Actually, it's awesome. Perhaps not for your specific needs, but for $55 a month, I get access to ALL Adobe products. Products I would never have had access to due to their prohibitive individual costs. Personally, I find it a heck of a deal. But I also use these applications practically daily, so yeah, to me they're more than worth it.

I just purchased Adobe "Elements" and am very happy with it. I got the combo pack which is PS Elements and Premiere Elements for $75 (wife is a college employee).

I admit that it's kind of over whelming at first but when you really get into it there's not much you can't do.

I think we'd be more of the occasional user type in which case it doesn't really pan out.

If you are new to video editing, Sony Vegas is the easiest to learn to use and you can be editing your first project less than an hour. If you like paying a ransom, many editors rent Adobe Premiere. But the Premiere user interface is really confusing for the new editor so you may have your first project done in a day. If you are looking for a career in TV or movie editing, then you need to learn Avid. You may finish your first project after a week of cursing. (Avid editors enjoy their remarkably complex workflow because it guarantees them the big bucks).

I usually avoid these discussions because asking for opinions about Editing Software is like asking about religion.

There is no bad editing software, just bad editors. Your editing program is just a tool. If your tools don't do the job, it's time for a new tool.

The decision of which program to use depends on too many variables to be selected from other people's experiences.

I am certain that you will find few, if any unbiased responses to the question: "Which editor should I learn and use"? You are discovering the "Baby Duck Syndrome" which denotes the tendency for editors to "imprint" on the first system they learn, then judge other systems by their similarity to that first system. The result is that users generally prefer systems similar to those they learned on and dislike unfamiliar systems.

My advice is simple. Most of the modern NLE programs offer free trials and low-cost entry-level options (under $100):

Sony Vegas
Avid
Adobe
Corel
Magix
Lightworx

There's dozens of others. All have some strengths and all have some limitations. They are all great and they all suck. It costs nothing but time to try all of them with a test project and select the one that best fits your needs.

Hope this helps.

Don't laugh, but I use Filmora all the time. It's superb. And you don't need a powerhouse pc to run it either.

Don't laugh, but I use Filmora all the time. It's superb. And you don't need a powerhouse pc to run it either.

I'm getting ready to purchase Filmora. I don't plan on making production type videos as this is just a hobby for me so Filmora fits my needs. How have you like it so far?

For me, it's superb. It outputs in original quality (in my case 1080p, 60fps). It's intuitive, has loads of function, really nice transitions and it's not a system hog.

For me, it's superb. It outputs in original quality (in my case 1080p, 60fps). It's intuitive, has loads of function, really nice transitions and it's not a system hog.
I saw that there was a discount online for it so I asked Filmora if they would honor it and they did. I got the lifetime Single-User for only $29.99 not a bad deal to me since that's what their 1 year subscription is selling for.

What features are we talking about here? I don't necessarily see any "feature" that is special or specific to any single video editor...

I use windows 8, PlayMemories, Movie Studios Platinum 12 from Sony and download video from my sony Action Cam and edit video nicely. However, when I try to download video and pictures from my Phantom 3 to my computer like I do with my Action Cam, the only thing that comes through is the pictures. I think the same thing happened when I tried to borrow my buddies GoPro. It makes me think I have to have a specific program to transfer the video from the drone to my PC. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr